Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!
(2020-10-05, 12:36)Roman_V_M Wrote: @aam137 
1. I is not clear what you mean by "video object". If it is some video URL that is too costly to obtain dynamically, then yes, some caching mechanism is recommended.
2. Definitely not at router() function level because it violates the Single Responsibility principle. Create some get_video() function that check cached items validity and obtains new URLs if necessary. But remember that a video plugin does not play anything by itself. It just passes video URLs to the Kodi player and after that its work is done. So a plugin has no way to know if a video URL has been played successfully or not. You can check validity of URLs in advance in your plugin, for example, by issuing HTTP HEAD requests to the URL to be played but this does not give you a 100% guarantee that the URL will be played successfully.
@Roman_V_M 
Thanks for the clarification and prompt reply!

1- By the object, I meant the extracted video URL(with other stuff like genre, thumbnail, etc as a dictionary).
Basically, retrieving the URL and saving/loading it was my idea regarding caching, but as it is costly I may forget about it.

2- Alright, based on your explanation, as there is no way to check if the video played successfully or not within the plugin, then I think some sort of caching mechanism would help.
I want to skip the URL extraction part as much as possible to speed up the plugin. 

Do you have any suggestion about the caching mechanism?

Messages In This Thread
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:28
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:33
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-30, 14:42
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-12-01, 12:58
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2016-01-18, 14:37
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by pa79 - 2020-09-09, 19:59
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by aam137 - 2020-10-05, 13:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!2