Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!
hello @Polar Bear and others.

I tried your json example and added it to romans example but i am getting the following error in the kodi.log

Code:
[s]2020-12-01 12:10:50.431 T:2684    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: list indices must be integers or slices, not bytes
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.example\main.py", line 64, in <module>
                                                       VIDEOS[s].append(e)
                                                   TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not bytes
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--[/s]

Code:
[s]xbmc.log(str(s), xbmc.LOGINFO)[/s]
shows
Code:
[s]2020-12-01 12:10:50.430 T:2684     INFO <general>: b'Category1'[/s]

would you mind posting the contents of your json file so i can compare if the formatting is correct. the url in your example is 404.

i have also tried to change the contents of s to an int in the json file but then i get the following error.
IndexError: list index out of range

thx for your time and help guys! Wink

edit: ahh and i forgot to mention that i'm using kodi matrix beta 1 and python3 with @Roman_V_M's Python3 example. Is there a change in the syntax maybe?

edit: Fixed. Actually it was not that hard once i were able to wrap my head around it. If someone needs help with it, feel free to pm me. Thx for your great example @Roman_V_M. It really helped me learn some more about the python! =)

Messages In This Thread
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:28
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-20, 15:33
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-11-30, 14:42
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2015-12-01, 12:58
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by zag - 2016-01-18, 14:37
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by pa79 - 2020-09-09, 19:59
RE: Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos! - by winux - 2020-12-01, 13:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your 2nd Add-On: Online Videos!2