• 17(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
Up and running, thanks a lot!
http://imgur.com/CzUspY8

I'm getting this on startup on both PC and Android but other than that everything seems to be working wonderfully. <3
That error message has to do with the youtube add-on, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2307823
Yeah I kinda figured it may have been an addon issue but thought I'd post just to be safe.

Everything else is glorious though and well worth the wait.
Good to hear Smile
So, last night I stumbled on a thread about the Cinema Vision add-on, which seems to be sort of the successor to the Cinema Experience add-on which has been discontinued. I didn't use the add-on so I am probably the last one to know about this.

Anyway, since reFocus had support built in for Cinema Experience and it isn't actively maintained I will be removing support for it.

Which brings me to the logical next question, is there any demand to replace it with support for Cinema Vision?
I am really looking forward to a Krypton version cos i am one of those upgradeaholics who likes to have the latest versions in use.

Jeroen, please let us know when you think the bravest & foolest of us can go ahead and maybe try the new K-version.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
At the moment I would really advice against it. I understand the desire to use the latest version, but I think you should really see the latest stable version of reFocus (or Kodi for that matter) as the latest version and use that on your day to day device(s). I mean, of course you can try it out right now, but you will encounter many issues. If it were suitable as a daily driver it would be up on the Kodi repo already Wink

Krypton is a really big update as far as the skinning engine goes. There's a lot of changes, including many changes invisible to end-users (changes in the code syntax for example). Plus at the moment I am purely focusing on compatibility fixes and not introducing any new features. So the benefit in updating is basically absent. Well, purely speaking about skin features of course, Kodi introduces new features obviously. But even then some of those require skin changes to make them work.

I have no idea how long it's going to take but it will definitely be taking a while.

I guess when I feel the quality is at least near beta level I will open a new thread. Because at that point I need user input about the release. At the moment I know about most of the issues, and I am focusing purely on getting the basics done.
Ok, thanks for the detailed reply, greatly appreciated.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Jeroen, could you take a quick look at the letter pop-up during library scrolling please?

I can't say there is anything wrong with it, I just noticed it looked a little different the other day. On 'M' for example, it overlaps the playlist title which I don't think it did before.

Not a major problem, just something I noticed which may have been unintentional.
Jeroen , will refocus in the Kodi repo get automatic updates like your own repo used to?

Is there a reason you are not using your own repo any more?
Up and running on a fresh Kodi install (Android 4.4).

- Initial startup of the skin took so much time, and there was no ticker, that I thought the entire system froze, and hard-reset it.
- An error in installing an add-on popped up, without specifying the add-on in question. Everything seemed working, though.

Big thanks for adding track languages!

Removal of official movie ratings (I mean, PG, 12A, etc.) is the only letdown.

Fantastic work otherwise!
(2016-05-23, 11:47)lstar337 Wrote: Jeroen, could you take a quick look at the letter pop-up during library scrolling please?

I can't say there is anything wrong with it, I just noticed it looked a little different the other day. On 'M' for example, it overlaps the playlist title which I don't think it did before.

Not a major problem, just something I noticed which may have been unintentional.

I can't remember changing anything on the letter pop-up itself, but maybe a change elsewhere has had an effect here. I'll take a look.

(2016-05-23, 11:51)lstar337 Wrote: Jeroen , will refocus in the Kodi repo get automatic updates like your own repo used to?

Is there a reason you are not using your own repo any more?

No. Well, not at this point anyway. My own repo was never meant to be a way of distributing stable releases, only development versions. There have been none of these compiled beta releases during the Jarvis development because of time shortage and a general lack of demand / interest basically.

Maybe on the way to the Krypton release I will push out some through the repo again, I don't know.

(2016-05-23, 16:43)kashmiri Wrote: Up and running on a fresh Kodi install (Android 4.4).

- Initial startup of the skin took so much time, and there was no ticker, that I thought the entire system froze, and hard-reset it.
- An error in installing an add-on popped up, without specifying the add-on in question. Everything seemed working, though.

Big thanks for adding track languages!

Removal of official movie ratings (I mean, PG, 12A, etc.) is the only letdown.

Fantastic work otherwise!

I'll see if I can find a way / place to re-add the movie ratings. I guess they got overlooked in the building of the new info screen as I have no need for them personally.

Can't really say much about the installation process without a log, but first startup can take longer because of installing dependencies but that's mostly Kodi's turf. But glad it worked out for you eventually.
On Jarvis 16.1 with latest version from repository.

ReFocus just hangs on startup screen with Good Evening under the logo and never gets anywhere.

I've tried deleting skin.refocus under Addons - this gets me back to confluence ok.
I've tried deleting skin.refocus under userdata/ addon_data
I've tried deleting guisettings.xml

Reinstall the refocus skin and it jumps to settings OK, but then exiting settings, I just get the splash screen with Good Evening.

Any ideas?

Thanks
(2016-05-23, 21:26)Gandy Wrote: On Jarvis 16.1 with latest version from repository.

ReFocus just hangs on startup screen with Good Evening under the logo and never gets anywhere.

I've tried deleting skin.refocus under Addons - this gets me back to confluence ok.
I've tried deleting skin.refocus under userdata/ addon_data
I've tried deleting guisettings.xml

Reinstall the refocus skin and it jumps to settings OK, but then exiting settings, I just get the splash screen with Good Evening.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Why are you trying to install a 17.0 alpha version of reFocus on 16.1?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2