• 13(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
Another small issue which I'm not sure is a skin or kodi thing, is that I have a few PAL resolution files 720x576 and they are reported as HD in big list view. I haven't tried other views, but I think they share the same data.
(2016-04-28, 10:22)lstar337 Wrote: Jeroen, I tried to install the latest version last night but it failed on dependencies not met.

Got something about web-ui dependencies not met
(2016-04-30, 15:10)juus Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 10:22)lstar337 Wrote: Jeroen, I tried to install the latest version last night but it failed on dependencies not met.

Got something about web-ui dependencies not met

Do you mean ui-sounds?
Install them first, you can grab the zip from github here.
Then install reFocus.

Is it really necessary to have the UI sounds as a dependency?

I don't use them as I have created my own UI sound pack, but now I will have to install them either way.

For out of the box experience they are set as a dependency. Starting with Krypton, skins are able to define optionally auto-installed add-ons. I will be making currently required add-ons optional that way. But I doubt if this will be done for the UI sounds though as I feel they are part of the skin. And before UI sounds were made into add-ons they were included with the skin package anyway. Of course you are still able to use your own sounds.
(2016-04-28, 13:50)lstar337 Wrote: Another small issue which I'm not sure is a skin or kodi thing, is that I have a few PAL resolution files 720x576 and they are reported as HD in big list view. I haven't tried other views, but I think they share the same data.

All views share the same data yes. I'll look into it, the skin is probably taking the 720 as 1280*720.
(2016-05-01, 21:54)Jeroen Wrote: For out of the box experience they are set as a dependency. Starting with Krypton, skins are able to define optionally auto-installed add-ons. I will be making currently required add-ons optional that way. But I doubt if this will be done for the UI sounds though as I feel they are part of the skin. And before UI sounds were made into add-ons they were included with the skin package anyway. Of course you are still able to use your own sounds.
What I see as a difficulty is that the skin will refuse to install without the UI sounds installed first.

For a first time user say, this could be a stumbling block. Thought process goes like this: Try to install skin, install fails, move on to new skin that will install. I appreciate this wont happen 100% of the time, but it will still confuse a few noobs.

My thoughts are that things like UI sounds are not required for the skin to work, they are embellishments. It is odd to have to install an embellishment in order to get the skin, especially when it is a customizable element that some users may not even want.

It seems a little like putting on the icing before I bake the cake.

To be clear, it is only the fact that they need to be installed before the skin that I have an issue with.
When installed from the Kodi repository, any dependencies are installed automatically, So this is only a 'problem' with using Git builds of a skin. In which case i say don't beta test a skin if things like this bother you.

and the same applies to any add-on used by the skin btw, the only difference being most of the other add-ons are already on people's systems because the were installed by other skins.

You think of them as embellisments, to me they are part of the skin as much as say icons.
(2016-05-03, 20:30)Jeroen Wrote: When installed from the Kodi repository, any dependencies are installed automatically, So this is only a 'problem' with using Git builds of a skin.
No problem then. Big Grin
(2016-05-03, 20:30)Jeroen Wrote: In which case i say don't beta test a skin if things like this bother you.
It only bothered me because I thought it would always be that way. Since it wont, it doesn't.

Surely the point of beta testing is to report back possible bugs or mistakes? I was only reporting back something that I thought was a possible bug or mistake.

Since UI sounds are now a requirement for install then I think they should be listed in the first post with a download link as it is not immediately obvious where to get them. WinkSmile
The comment about beta testing wasn't aimed at you but more in general the users you referred to as being put off by the skin not installing. Sorry if it came across otherwise.

Yeah the first post needs to be updated but I'll probably hold off on that for now as my time is limited and I don't plan to keep this in beta much longer. Just a couple of pesky things to take care of.
(2016-05-04, 16:22)Jeroen Wrote: The comment about beta testing wasn't aimed at you but more in general the users you referred to as being put off by the skin not installing. Sorry if it came across otherwise.
No problem, forums are rife with misunderstandings. Big Grin
I have updated my reFocus almost every time there is a new version on the git but the May 6, 2016 version tells me:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.refocus]: The dependency on skin.refocus version 4.6.2 could not be satisfied.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
That's very strange as 4.6.2 is the version number of the extended info add-on:

Code:
<import addon="script.extendedinfo" version="4.6.2"/>

The skin itself is at version 3.1.0 currently
Seems like my install was messed up, old versions did not install either.

Started fresh today with a new LibreElec Krypton install so an eager wait starts now for me for some reFocus Krypton versions Wink
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Good to hear. Well, considering the huge changes in Krypton I'm afraid it's going to be quite a while before you'll see a Krypton release. And by the time it's there you'll be wanting an L release anyway Wink
(2016-04-25, 16:35)Slurrrp Wrote: Here's a (real crappy quality) video. The widget fanart shows only once on every home menu option. Then the problem is gone until you move away from the home screen and return and open a widget again.
Am i really the only one with this problem?

https://vid.me/fDdQ

Slurrrp (and / or anyone else for that matter), are you still experiencing this? I have been trying to reproduce this now on several occasions but I haven't been able to so far.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2