• 21(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
Thumbs Up 
Hi Jeroen,

I switched from Titan zu ReFocus and i really love your skin, you have done very good work.
I mentioned only one thing, i can't switch channel groups in the epg view, only in channel view, can you add that please ?
(2016-06-05, 07:15)Jeroen Wrote: To be honest, that's a bit too "mystery button" to me, and the kind of thing that makes me "get lost" so to speak. Right now there's an indicator that show the button presses (which could also be clearer I think), having another direction to go into will make navigation too convoluted I think.

Apart from that I think it would also possibly create a feature disparity between the vertical and home menu as both are quite different in the way they are generated and I'm not sure if it would be possible on the vertical menu.

Performance wise I don't think it would have a lot of impact, if any. Pre reFocus 3.x it would have, but now I am using a template which is (re)used for all the widgets. Basically it's just one container that gets dynamic content pushed to it any time you select a different item. This is much, much faster than before.

I have some plans / ideas laying around for a third home menu layout where widgets play a central part which are challenging enough. I would rather invest the time in that sorry :)
Don't be sorry, was just an idea after all and your arguments are totally valid.
I honestly completely forgot that the vertical menu is even a thing :D

Looking forward to what your mind is cooking up in regards of a third home menu layout though :)

(2016-06-05, 07:15)Jeroen Wrote: Not sure what you mean. Do you mean when actually inputting text, say in a search window?

Yeah exactly. Like whenever you get the keyboard dialog.
Usually you have the on-screen keys underneath (which can be disabled with your skin and I did).
IIRC the on-screen keyboard has left/right buttons to move the cursor and I was wondering
whether or not this should work with arrow keys from a keyboard as well or if that's a limitation
of Kodi core.

P.S enjoy your holidays :)
(2016-06-05, 12:22)sven82muss Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

I switched from Titan zu ReFocus and i really love your skin, you have done very good work.
Thanks! Glad you enjoy it Blush

Quote:I mentioned only one thing, i can't switch channel groups in the epg view, only in channel view, can you add that please ?
Yup, that makes sense. I have added it to my list, thanks!

(2016-06-05, 13:10)Tadly Wrote: Looking forward to what your mind is cooking up in regards of a third home menu layout though Smile
Well, I'll tell more when I actually start work on it Wink It's going to be a bit of a challenge and it will probably require some enhancements / feature requests in the Skin Shortcuts add-on. In my mind, it's the perfect combination / balance between menus and widgets (well, for my preferences at least Wink) but I'll have to explore whether it's actually feasible at all before getting anyone's hopes up Wink

Quote:Yeah exactly. Like whenever you get the keyboard dialog.
Usually you have the on-screen keys underneath (which can be disabled with your skin and I did).
IIRC the on-screen keyboard has left/right buttons to move the cursor and I was wondering
whether or not this should work with arrow keys from a keyboard as well or if that's a limitation
of Kodi core.
There used to be this setting for exactly that, something along the lines of "remote sends keyboard presses" but I think that is gone. But yeah, that is Kodi core.

EDIT: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219098 seems to have some workaround for this

Quote:P.S enjoy your holidays Smile
Thanks, will do Smile
(2016-06-05, 13:47)Jeroen Wrote: ...but I'll have to explore whether it's actually feasible at all before getting anyone's hopes up Wink
Ha, waaaaaay to late Tongue (just kidding of course Smile )

(2016-06-05, 13:47)Jeroen Wrote: There used to be this setting for exactly that, something along the lines of "remote sends keyboard presses" but I think that is gone. But yeah, that is Kodi core.

EDIT: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219098 seems to have some workaround for this
Works like a charm and I'm pretty sure I could have found that myself...
Sorry for wasting your time on that ._.
(2016-06-05, 08:07)Jeroen Wrote: - reverted to script.watchlist for watchlist functionality
Was there a specific reason for this?

I'm guessing the end user will see no difference.
Stumbled across something while working on a plugin of mine.

When setting fanart, it doesn't zoom (to keep the aspect ratio) but stretches it instead.
So e.g. album cover art (which is usually 1:1) looks off when kodi is in 16:9

If you need a screenshot lemme know Smile

Edit:
Whups, forgot to mention:
Tested with current repo version AND the one you submitted.
All on Jarvis of course Smile
(2016-06-06, 12:00)lstar337 Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 08:07)Jeroen Wrote: - reverted to script.watchlist for watchlist functionality
Was there a specific reason for this?

I'm guessing the end user will see no difference.

I thought the watchlist not refreshing automatically after watching an episode in the library views was an issue with the watchlist add-on but the problem remained with other add-ons. In that case I prefer the watchlist add-on which is lighter and made for reFocus after all.

(2016-06-08, 16:38)Tadly Wrote: Stumbled across something while working on a plugin of mine.

When setting fanart, it doesn't zoom (to keep the aspect ratio) but stretches it instead.

If you need a screenshot lemme know Smile

Edit:
All on Jarvis of course Smile

I'll look into it. Is this only on the home screen?
Hi everyone,

Fav skin this, thrilled it's back in the kodi repo. Can anyone answer this-

I like to rip all my music DVDs as .isos, and have them in Kodi with the usual Slide (poster) view just showing the original DVD covers. I scrape them as Music Videos. This view is often missed out in many skins in the Music Video category, so I used to mod the ViewsVideoLibrary.xml to include it, which worked fine. This was a few years back though, and know I see it's all slightly different in the 720p folder. I jumped into the Viewslide.xml and added the Container.Content(musicvideos) into the portrait section, and I took it out of the landscape section, rebooted the skin etc, but I just couldn't get it to work.

I'm no skin modder, but knew enough before to get this to work, can anyone help? Cheers
(2016-06-12, 16:43)Jeroen Wrote:
(2016-06-08, 16:38)Tadly Wrote: Stumbled across something while working on a plugin of mine.

If you need a screenshot lemme know :)

Edit:
All on Jarvis of course :)

I'll look into it. Is this only on the home screen?

Ahm, no. I meant fanart in like fanart for media content.
So f.e. when you browse through music in your library and "hover" a track you see fanart (if set/available that is).
Same for movies of course :)

Home screen art works just fine :) (tested with a 1:1 image as I've never done that and that's working nicely)
Allright that's good to know as these are separate bits of code. Looking into it when I get back Wink
(2016-06-12, 16:43)Jeroen Wrote: I thought the watchlist not refreshing automatically after watching an episode in the library views was an issue with the watchlist add-on but the problem remained with other add-ons.
Oh really? It cured the problem on mine.

(2016-06-12, 16:43)Jeroen Wrote: In that case I prefer the watchlist add-on which is lighter and made for reFocus after all.
Well if it all works then its good to me. I was just curious about the change back. Big Grin
In the previous version of Refocus, watching Live TV, pressing up/down arrow would show the OSD with channel info of the next/previous channel, and I could confirm with enter to switch to the desired channel. In the newest version this feature is gone.

Pressing the "i" shows the OSD just fine. A bug maybe?
Love Refocus. However, I don't know if this is the right place or not, but the "End time: ##:##" info at the top of the pause screen has gone. Just shows "Paused" where it used to be. Any ideas how to get this back?

Thanks!
(2016-06-13, 17:32)Alcedema Wrote: Love Refocus. However, I don't know if this is the right place or not, but the "End time: ##:##" info at the top of the pause screen has gone. Just shows "Paused" where it used to be. Any ideas how to get this back?

Thanks!
Oh really? I haven't noticed that and I love the end time feature!

EDIT: I think you are right, I cant see it either. I think the weather icon used to appear there also, and that is missing too.
I seem to have lost the "add source" button in the videos section. Doesn't matter if "Show add source buttons" is selected or not in the options.

Not sure if this is a refocus bug or if my windows kodi install has gone wonky.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2