Password present, but server does not support password authentication
Hello!

I'm having problems adding a new media source in Kodi on Mac OS.
The media source I'm talking about is my Raspberry Pi 2, which have SSH access enabled.
While I'm able to connect to the Raspberry via an SFTP client (i.e. Transmit), I'm unable to do the same via Kodi.
This is what the log says about:
Quote:13:51:30 T:140735154159616 ERROR: SFTPSession: Password present, but server does not support password authentication
13:51:30 T:140735154159616 ERROR: SFTPSession: No authentication method successful
13:51:30 T:140735154159616 ERROR: SFTPSession: Not connected, can't list directory '/'

Can someone help me?
allow password auth on the ssh server?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Could you elaborate?
what kind of linux is running on the raspi?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Raspbian, which is based on Debian
Do you have it configured to use a public key or do you normally ssh into that server via username + password? (i mean in general - outside of kodi)
I use username and password!
Any news?
other then "it works fine for me" - sadly no
Since I had the same problem in the latest version of Kodi and there does not seem to be an answere in this forum, here is mine:

You have to put the following inside your /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
Code:
PasswordAuthentication yes

Without this line, ssh only allows for "keyboard-interactive" login which only works in a shell. Details can be found here: https://superuser.com/a/894625

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password present, but server does not support password authentication0