OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-28, 06:04)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-26, 19:43)bill_orange Wrote: Additional Information:

I thought of another test this morning. The results were interesting. I loaded up the latest build #1225. I tested for the lock-up by moving from one album to another in Music >> Album . The lock-up occurs when leaving the album and the mouse is in the .. at the top of the list. I got the usual lockup, as I expected. I then removed the drive containing all the music and repeated the test. Of course, I got an error message on each track I attempted to play, as expected. Upon navigation out of an album, I got the usual lock-up. This occurred with the external drive containing the MP3 and all information stored with them removed. From this I infer that the problem is on the data base structure in build #1207.

Does this make sense?

Bill

Are you using MySQL or SQLite for your Music library (your logs have all expired so I can't check)? Can you upload your Music database somewhere - if it's not dependent on the media then maybe the lock up can be reproduced just by installing the db. I've tried enabling ".." (I normally have parent folders disabled) and attached a mouse but no luck reproducing any lock up while using the mouse. Perhaps your Music database has become corrupt somehow, did you say you had tried re-scanning the library from scratch? If not then that might be worth a shot, although it would be nice to get to the bottom of this.

A logical strategy, as always, Milhouse. Here is a log file which will hopefully show which version of Sequel is being used.

This log file also includes the 'lock-up' Artist >> ZZ Top >> Recycler >> play a track >> play another track >> mouse click out of Recycler >> mouse click on ".." >> lock-up!

http://xbmclogs.com/pw56bg3xo

Here is a link to my exported XML music database.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F1...file%2cxml

Thanks for working on this. I am surprised others have not reported the same problem. Maybe few people are testing with a large music library.

Bill

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by bill_orange - 2015-12-28, 18:05
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6