OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-01-07, 07:29)denz Wrote: I have been installing the current builds so that I can try out hdhomerun for live tv as well as serverwmc however one annoying issue is the live tv buffering at start.
Recorded TV has no such issue play starts immediately and no buffering.

Using hdhomerun the live tv starts nearly instantly but then after few seconds than it stops for 5 to six seconds depending on channel to buffer. Using Openelec 6 live tv first buffers than it plays. I have tried running multiple kodi 17 windows version live tv is instant and no buffering so it is only in pi that is happening and only when using live tv. I have no advancedsettings file I have tried overclocking and no difference. I have tried putting a number of options in advancedsettings all to no avail. The pi is connected by Ethernet cable to a gigabit switch.

Do others experience this behaviour ? I have to say that the quality of the picture has significantly improved so thank you for all the work that has gone it.

Appreciate if anyone has suggestions

Thank you

Im seeing the exact same thing with the latest build. Live tv starts almost instantly which is nice but then after a few seconds it stops and buffers for 5-10 seconds Sad Im using Mediaportal tv-server as my backend. Recorded TV is instant and does not buffer.

Regards
Jacob

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by mylle - 2016-01-07, 08:58
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6