OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-03-07, 12:46)aurelmarius Wrote: I want to buy a dvb-c tunner for my rpi2 running openelec. What i can get here is TechnoTrend Connect CT2-4650 CI + TT or Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI. Is anyone here running with one of these tunners ? thanks.

Will likely work very good with RPi2 because it has a Cypress USB bridge that does USB bulk instead of USB isosynchronous transfers. RPis are picky in regard to USB chips. The tuner and demodulator chips are by Silicon Labs and should work equally well. Caveat: You may need to downgrade the firmware in case of tuning errors. Create /storage/.config/firmware and drop a lower version firmware in there if that is the case.

If you don't need CI, best USB dongle for DVB-T/T2/C right now is "DVBSky T330" or a clone like "OPTI-Combo" with Cypress USB bridge and Silicon Labs tuner/demod. The Si2168 demodulator together with a Linux 4.3+ driver might require firmware 4.0.11, because the dumped 4.0.19 firmware from a russian Windows driver has unknown modifications, preventing the Linux driver from correctly using it. Unless your DVB-T2 broadcaster is using Multi PLP with an older type OFDM frame encoding AND you have trouble switching PLPs, you can use 4.0.11 with no worries.
Katastrophentourist

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by MarkT - 2016-03-07, 15:50
RPI 3 no internet access on wifi - by b1m1 - 2016-03-09, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6