Skin Settings Won't Stick
When restoring my kodi build to my firebox, my skin settings won't stick - all of my addons are there, but non of my skin settings - which is frustrating because I added custom fonts and text colors,etc... - can anyone help me figure out why or what I am doing wrong?
What are you using to restore kodi?
I have created a wizard - but I have also tried the backup up and abdfire
(2015-12-08, 01:31)allypad Wrote: When restoring my kodi build to my firebox, my skin settings won't stick - all of my addons are there, but non of my skin settings - which is frustrating because I added custom fonts and text colors,etc... - can anyone help me figure out why or what I am doing wrong?

you need to restore the guisettings.xml file from your backup into the kodi userdata folder ( whilst kodi is not running)
pusb7 is correct about the guisettings.xml. As far as backup addon is concerned the trick with that is to force stop kodi once the skin is restored and the popup indicates skin couldnt be installed. How you do that is have Firestarter installed for one.

1) Using Firestarter settings have the single and double home button taps set to open Firestarter and Kodi. Personally i have single as Firestarter and double as Kodi. These instructions will assume you set ihome button in same way either combination works.

2) Once this is done open Kodi then return to Firestarter(single tap home on remote home) highlight Kodi hit the menu button on remote select app settings highlight force stop, return to Kodi (double tap home on remote),

3) Open and run Backup addon to restore your backup, let it run all the way until the popup appears to let you know that skin didnt restore tap home button on remote you will be returned to Firestarter the same way as left it now choose force stop your skin will restore after the next Kodi launch.

Make sure in Backup addon settings you have userdata folder checked the default settings has it unchecked. robweber creator of Backup says this bug will be gone when Jarvis is released.

As far as abdfire that is my preferred way to backup/restore Kodi with FireTV and never encountered that problem, so thats weird to me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Settings Won't Stick0