Music OSD Issues (3.5.53)
I am having a few issues with the music OSD and have a question:

1) I toggled on the option for fullscreen music playback. Most of the time, this works fine. Other times, when I start an album from the home screen widget a busy pop up for "skin helper" comes up and music does not start in fullscreen.

2) I have toggled off the option for artist biography on music OSD. The biography still shows up. This happens no matter how the toggle is set.

3) Is there a way to stop artist slideshow but still show artist fanart in fullscreen music? I have local fanart saved in my artist folders and would rather use that. Even if I set skin helper options to to max extrafanart to 0, i still get 3 or 4 fanart that cycle while music is playing.

4) If I exit out of fullscreen music and want to get back to it, is there an easier way than going into Music, pressing left and selecting fullscreen?

Thanks for the help and thanks for the great skin.
1) That toggle uses kind of an hack to get the music fullscreen at all times as that feature isn't provided by Kodi itself. I don't think it will ever be 100% reliable.

2) This is fixed in the beta version of the skin, not yet available in the stable version but will be within 2 days.

3) Set extrafanrt to 0 and after that choose "reset persistant cache"

4) Maybe map a key on your remote/keyboard to the fullscreen action ?
(2015-12-17, 21:10)marcelveldt Wrote: 3) Set extrafanrt to 0 and after that choose "reset persistant cache"

Thanks for the feedback. So I have fan art slideshow enabled. Extravagant to 0. Enable online lookups enabled (for logos and dos art). Lookup artwork in local folders enabled. And reset persistent cache.

I still get fan art slideshow with multiple images. If I disable fan art slideshow, I don't get any fan art in music full screen at all.
I understand. So what you're basically want is to show the single fanart image regardless of the artist slideshow setting ?
I can fix that, no problem. I am wondering if I should make that an option. In other words, there may be users who do not want to display fanart at all...

I will start with just displaying the fanart image, if there comes any complaint, I will make it a setting.

OK ?
(2015-12-18, 11:26)marcelveldt Wrote: I understand. So what you're basically want is to show the single fanart image regardless of the artist slideshow setting ?
I can fix that, no problem. I am wondering if I should make that an option. In other words, there may be users who do not want to display fanart at all...

I will start with just displaying the fanart image, if there comes any complaint, I will make it a setting.

OK ?

That is fine but you don't have to make changes on my part. It is your skin. I just wasn't sure if there was a bug or something I was missing. I think the option to just use a single, local fanart image would be nice. I typically choose fanart that is high quality and that I personally like. I find that many images that get pulled are low quality. It is up to you but it would be a nice option. Maybe the user could make a selection between, "No Fanart", "Single Fanart" and "Slideshow Fanart"
Great idea about the selection options, I will go that road. Available in next version
(2015-12-18, 20:26)marcelveldt Wrote: Great idea about the selection options, I will go that road. Available in next version

I noticed you implemented this in the last update. Thanks, I like the selection option. It appears though that the selection defaults to Extrafanart after restart. I selected Single and after restarting, it returned to Extrafanart.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.
First of all, happy new year!

Thanks for the catch, there was indeed a small error in the code.
Will be fixed in next update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music OSD Issues (3.5.53)0