• 4(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
1. Current Jarvis beta 4 build I get pulsating audio (on - off - on - off) on ac3 passthrough (dolby digital 5.1 material). In the build in the OP, I get no AC3 audio at all on all MKV based files. Looks like others may also be having this issue.
2. Will post a debug log later if this is needed
3. Occurred in both 12/20 and today's build
4. Hardware: I am testing with a Remix Mini (ARM based 1.2 Ghz quad core A52 All Winner Processor with 2GB ram)

** Note, I have heard that the Allwinner processor is not the greatest for Kodi. Kodi is running fine except for pass-through audio problem. Could also be a hardware issue with the unit; but I thought I would post my results.
i tested the following formats on nvidia shield tv and marantz sr5010 -

DD - works
DTS - works
Dolby TrueHD - works
DTS-ES - doesn't work, picture freezes and no audio plays

the logs from DTS-ES test are here http://xbmclogs.com/pmspego3y
Can confirm that DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD works with nVidia Shield and my Onkyo 876. Awesome work! Highly unexpected feature to arrive in Jarvis.
(2015-12-21, 17:47)Xedos9er Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 17:29)danjames92 Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 17:17)Xedos9er Wrote: Update:
Tried new update from 21st dec. At least i get now pcm sound with passthrough off.

DTS, (normal and HD) ->white noise
DD 5.1 - perfekt
DD+ -> output as DD

Now the strange thing:
TruHD(no matter passtrough on or off)-> 7.1 PCM, but channels are mixed.
Same happens with all other files with deactivated passtrough. I get multi ch pcm but center = left surround, right surround=center, left surround and lfe= nothing (only 5.1 connected)

You could at least mention what platform / AVR you are using...

FTV 2 + Denon avr-x1200w

I have the same receiver as you and will try tonight with FTV 2. Sounds like at least Dolby Digital will work which makes me happy. I'm guessing I will have the same results.
(2015-12-21, 03:52)hdmkv Wrote: Reposting here what I posted in other nVidia Shield threads. Sorry, should only have been here...

I have a 7.1 system...
- TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-HD MA 7.1 are perfect!
- ATMOS (tested the Dolby 'Amaze' clip) and DTS:X (tested 'Ex Machina') down-map to 7.1 just fine (I don't have an ATMOS or X capable set-up yet)
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 and TrueHD 5.1 play rear surrounds via sides instead (not correct I think)
- Standard Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 also play rear surrounds via sides instead (not correct I think)

Haven't tried any Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD HR or LPCM 5.1/7.1 tracks yet.

Many HD audio sample clips can be found here. Try the "channel check" ones.

If you have a 7.1 setup and play 5.1 material without any additionalprocessing this is correct (assuming I've understand what you're experiencing). The 5.1 rear channel material goes to the 7.1 side speakers and the back rear speakers should be silent.

This is a great update and unexpected earky xmas present. Atmos works with a pioneer vsx930 receiver. You guys should be on commission as i may order another shield now for the lounge Smile
Fantastic work guys. This sounds really good!

Shield TV with an Onkyo 509 - 5.1 surround.

I can confirm Master Audio displays/works/sounds great!

I tried several different titles and couldn't get True HD to come up. I'll try to see what other settings I can manipulate and report back.

Very happy so far.
First let me start of by saying, thanks to the Kodi team for all your hard work !

Tested with the following:

Kodi: 16.0-BETA5 Git:2015-12-21-87db433
Amazon FireTV (4k)
Denon AVR-X1200W
connected via HDMI

Used to get static/white noise on both DD and DTS via passthrough.

Now:

Dolby Digital: WORKS !
DTS : Still getting white noise

Logs are here: http://xbmclogs.com/pcqgz8tm5
(2015-12-21, 21:36)torid110 Wrote: First let me start of by saying, thanks to the Kodi team for all your hard work !

Amazon FireTV (4k)
Denon AVR-X1200W
connected via HDMI

Now:

Which Firmware?
(2015-12-21, 21:38)Xedos9er Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 21:36)torid110 Wrote: First let me start of by saying, thanks to the Kodi team for all your hard work !

Amazon FireTV (4k)
Denon AVR-X1200W
connected via HDMI

Now:

Which Firmware?

Very impressive.

I have experienced machine-gun like sounds for approximately 2 seconds when I pause a video on at least one video so far. Then silence as expected. Playback is normal. Using an Nvidia Shield and Onkyo TX-NR646. Latest firmwares on both.

From FFMPEG, here is the track's audio codec:
Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s (default)
as far as I can conclude, this test build will only show the passthrough options that are actually supported by your Android build, which means: you will get HD audio formats ONLY with Shield (backported by nvidia) and true Android 6.0 Marshmallow. please do NOT ask for installation instructions here: if you need them, you are probably not the right person to try this out. and please be as specific regarding hardware, firmware version, and test samples/settings as possible. if you experience issues, post a debug log and repeat steps to reproduce.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
hdmkv,

Your DTS test clip seems fine to me. My receiver says it is a 5.1 clip with the surrounds (sides) as the last two channels and DTS Neo 6 matrixes the back channels in properly.
Great stuff, got me excited! I tried on FireTV2 4k 5.0.4 firmware this evening, probably feeling a bit optimistic Wink I'm probably screwing it all up somehow!

Build 16.0-BETA5 Git:2015-12-21-87db433
OS Android 5.1.0 API level 22 (kernel: Linux 3.10.61+)

Channels set to 7.1, Best match

Passthrough options listed and enabled:
AC3 capable
E-AC3 capable
DTS capable

I did think with FireTV mentioning Dolby Atmos support in the specs that this would all be ok but struggling to see how if not listing TrueHD capability :/

no other passthrough options listed so maybe the following issue is misdirected? May as well mention though FWIW

Connected HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR636 in 'Direct' mode - switches through to Multichannel PCM rather than Dolby TrueHD or Digital etc so not sure passthrough is actually working for truehd sources (due to lack of above 'capability' ?)

Played the Dolby test file: "7.1Ch Dolby TrueHD - Speaker Mapping Test File.mkv" but audio comes out of the wrong channels!

Left is OK
Right is OK
Left Surround is OK
Right Surround is OK
Centre sound comes from Left Rear
Right Rear comes from Centre
LFE comes from Right Rear
Left Rear comes from LFE

The same occurs with passthrough enabled or disabled further suggesting no passthrough is happening. Odd thing is I'm sure this was working fine since FireOS 5.0.3 and Kodi 15.2 (that was previously installed).

DTS is fine (receiver says DTS-ES Matrix 6.1ch on a test file - but the same channel mixup occurs with passthrough disabled)

debug log for what it's worth:

http://xbmclogs.com/px4f6xonz

Keith
Just to provide more information, the channels that seem to cause the issues are all 1080i DVB-S2 channels with H.264 picture stream, the audio on two of the channels is stereo, on the 3rd HD channel it's broadcast in Dolby digital 5.1

The channels that do not give any issues are all 576i, so the issue appears to be with 1080i content and audio pass-through.
I can attach detailed logs later - please let me know if this is required or not.

thanks.

(2015-12-21, 17:33)jiki974 Wrote: Hi,

Thank you very much for this gift, it works perfectly but I have a problem when i activate passtrough with my TV channel ( tvheadend HTSP client 2.2.10).

The same as :

(2015-12-21, 08:35)ashleyw Wrote: just loaded it on my shield TV. As soon as pass through is enabled, then any live TV channels with Dolby digital audio tracks on (using dvblink PVR backend) end up stuttering after about 2 seconds and repeating.
As soon as I disable pass through then things work as expected (except no pass through obviously).
Also after pass through on live TV and then go to menu items, there is corruption on the text of the menu items.
Been on Kodi 16 nightlies up to now - and pass-through had to be disabled as I was getting random white noise switching live TV channels with Dolby Digital tracks and standard Stereo tracks.
(2015-12-22, 00:47)ashleyw Wrote: Just to provide more information, the channels that seem to cause the issues are all 1080i DVB-S2 channels with H.264 picture stream, the audio on two of the channels is stereo, on the 3rd HD channel it's broadcast in Dolby digital 5.1

The channels that do not give any issues are all 576i, so the issue appears to be with 1080i content and audio pass-through.
I can attach detailed logs later - please let me know if this is required or not.

thanks.

(2015-12-21, 17:33)jiki974 Wrote: Hi,

Thank you very much for this gift, it works perfectly but I have a problem when i activate passtrough with my TV channel ( tvheadend HTSP client 2.2.10).

The same as :

(2015-12-21, 08:35)ashleyw Wrote: just loaded it on my shield TV. As soon as pass through is enabled, then any live TV channels with Dolby digital audio tracks on (using dvblink PVR backend) end up stuttering after about 2 seconds and repeating.
As soon as I disable pass through then things work as expected (except no pass through obviously).
Also after pass through on live TV and then go to menu items, there is corruption on the text of the menu items.
Been on Kodi 16 nightlies up to now - and pass-through had to be disabled as I was getting random white noise switching live TV channels with Dolby Digital tracks and standard Stereo tracks.

Provide them if you want to help further.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11