• 73(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
Signed up to say, I'm using the Nvidia Shield TV; installed the new 3.0 Marshmallow update today and the latest PT build of Kodi...
Everything I've tried is working!! 7.1 Master Audio and Dolby Atmos included!

Tried this back in December with no luck, so I'm hyped. My thanks to the devs.
(2016-02-23, 03:30)X-Calibar Wrote: Signed up to say, I'm using the Nvidia Shield TV; installed the new 3.0 Marshmallow update today and the latest PT build of Kodi...
Everything I've tried is working!! 7.1 Master Audio and Dolby Atmos included!

Tried this back in December with no luck, so I'm hyped. My thanks to the devs.

Where is the latest pt build at? *EDIT* Is that the 2/20 build?
Bottom of the first post of this thread is a link.
DTS passthrough isn't working for me either.

Edit: scratch that - it's working fine, I had a setting wrong in my receiver.
Bummer. Just as I was going to say how rock solid the final Jarvis based PT based build was, the Shield TV Marshmallow update seemed to cause huge lip sync issues with Dolby Digital AC3. The stream will start synced but will invariably drift away within seconds. Didn't have this issue with the same Kodi build prior to the Android 6.0 update. I suppose I'll try a fresh install of Kodi to see if that somehow fixes the issues.
Thank you so much for this!
Installed it yesterday on my shield after the marshmallow update and it works like a charm with DTS, AC3 and DTS HD.
Before all I heard was static from my Denon.
I'm using minix x8 plus, sony bdv n7200w AR connected with HDMI and Kodi build date: 20th February 2016 , this is my log file

http://xbmclogs.com/pt3py4v1o

i hear only noises with every kind of file
please help me !
Hi,

I get the same think yesterday, I reinstall kodi after shield update, than reconfigure sound menu (5.1, en amp compatibility), then restart shield and all it's fine.
Installed the Marshmallow update yesterday, and now AC3 does work(using USB Turtle beach DAC to toslink) where before only DTS worked.
(2016-02-23, 10:13)moba77 Wrote: I'm using minix x8 plus, sony bdv n7200w AR connected with HDMI and Kodi build date: 20th February 2016 , this is my log file

http://xbmclogs.com/pt3py4v1o

i hear only noises with every kind of file
please help me !

This is the wrong forum -> you have to force minix to make a proper firmware. If for minix no marshmellow avail they have to backport the API to lollipop.
Tested with Nvidia TV Shield with 3.0 update and it's working on my onkyo 509!

Both passthru master audio/true hd.

Thanks for the strong work guys!!!
I'm using a UBOX R89 with RK3288 chipset, running the latest Lollipop 3.03 version created by Wasser. (freaktab) The media player is attached to brand new Denon AVR-X3200W with HDMI 2.0 ports.

I've been running tests a lot with this box and would like to get Kodi to work properly on this box.

Tried the latest version (passthrough) and still no dice. When I activate the passthrough the sound becomes muted. If I don't activate the passthrough then everything is converted to Stereo (default setting). Image quality is great, but even in stereo there are interruptions.

Any other people out there playing with rockchip media players? This is my second media player and I somewhat regret not having bought a Amlogic chipset player, it seems the support in Kodi is a lot better.

Anyway I would like to thank the makers of Kodi for their efforts! It's appreciated.
Amlogic and Rockchip are out-of-scope of this build.
They use whatever fits them and not the android standard API.
(2016-02-22, 20:17)fritsch Wrote: Now one can officialy play high quality dts-hd / truehd, which before worked by a hackish approach and faking to 48 khz to get the sink opened.

Updated my Nvidia Shield to Marshmellow version 6.0 and update 3.0 and did a total wipe of Kodi and did a clean/fresh install using the build from 2016-0220 Android ARM.

Is there settings within Android that need setting that are outside of Kodi? What am I missing here?

Some DTS, DTS ES, and DTS HD files sends the shield (Kodi) in a crash that I either have to force quit Kodi or reboot the shield to allow Kodi to startup again.

Log file. http://xbmclogs.com/pf6apkuti

The only version of V16 PT that worked and continues to work fully with update 3.0 is RC1 PT. V17 alpha nightly build of 0221 works as well.
My question: What chipsets are within the scope of this passthrough test?

Which chipset manufacturer is sticking to the android API's correctly?
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11