START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
So, I usually prefer to do the research myself and just come to a conclusion but wrxtasy seems like a god when it comes to Kodi boxes and apparently specs are not always what they seem on face value so I will ask for some help here. This may seem like a TL;DR post but believe me I tried to keep it short.

I have an ODroid C1+ and run your OpenElec builds, they work great but it box often crashes, freezes, corrupts (not your fault, I know) or has other general issues like, when I try and skip forward 10 seconds, it literally takes 10 seconds waiting on the skip to catch up and things to buffer again. I am currently running OpenElec 16 from a Jump Drive, however I have had it installed on the eMMC as well, it was just more work to re-install when it breaks so I got lazy.

I play ALL my movies off a Gigabit NAS (my desktop) and my playback files are what you would expect, 5gb 720p's, 10gb 1080p's, 2gb norms, 300mb episodes and some 4K's from YouTube. Me and my brother are both extremely computer literate people, we are very proficient in Windows, Linux and as of late, Kodi. We have tried all the "Tweaks" and settings, replaced cords, reinstalled OE, switched skins, bought an eMMC, you name it we probably tried it. At this point, it really seems to be a hardware bottleneck.

We will be trying Windows Kodi on our desktops tomorrow to do some double checking with some desktop hardware (i7/GTX 980) but to get the ball rolling I figured I would ask if you have an suggestions for a reasonably priced NUC/MiniPC/Set-TopBox/PC/Something that you think would be ideal for someone like me? If possible, I would prefer something that I can install the OS from scratch instead of Android based, however you are the expert so let me know either way.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
RE: Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2016) - by SuperMar1o - 2016-03-24, 07:40
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28