START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2016-03-26, 09:07)SuperMar1o Wrote: Well, the Chromebox has always topped my list of "Interest" so that's a plus. I think I will keep an eye out at WeTek's upcoming boxes too though, sounds awesome.
The Chromeboxes are great, and if you don't need hardware accelerated HEVC, they definitely deliver a very high quality experience with great GUI rendering, high quality video output and incredibly good deinterlacing (important if you watch Live/Recorded TV or Blu-ray/DVDs with native interlaced content like music concerts, sport etc.)

I'd still put my Chromebox ahead of my C1, C2 and Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 in general terms, and they bitstream HD Audio too. (Though the Pi 2/3 will losslessly decode to multichannel PCM so unless you need Atmos/DTS:x the issue is less than it is for the C1+/C2 which are still currently PCM 2.0/DD/DTS only)

The ARM boxes are silent though, and they have CEC support (which the Chromebox doesn't). I often use my Pi 3 as my main Kodi platform at the moment - purely because the CEC remote control of the AVR volume is so useful! (And the PCM multichannel lossless decode of HD Audio is 'good enough' for me)

Quote:After a fresh rebuild on the C1+ box, it seems its my stereo thats causing the issue, something to do with the passthrough, not the C1+ or OpenElec. Might be time for a new stereo =/ Also the MAIN reason for all the crashes and other annoying sh*t was apparently the Titan skin. 3.6.x stable is terrible on 16, however 3.6.x beta works amazingly well, no more crashes. Might end up sticking with the C1+ for a while longer Wink

Yep - the key thing when diagnosing crashes is to switch to the default skin (Confluence until Estuary arrived with the latest builds) and see if they still happen. Skins add so much other stuff in some cases, it can be very difficult to know if the problem is skin-related or an issue with the core Kodi code. If you run default then you can at least know you're in 'stock' mode.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
RE: Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2016) - by noggin - 2016-03-26, 13:13
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28