START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
No idea about a new C2, HardKernel may be shipping Revision C S905's. I don't know.
Don't know much about XU4. And from a LE developers perspective that is not a good thing for Kodi. More of a Linux machine I think.

1GB Hub plays up to 4K 10bit HEVC files nicely indeed with comprehensive HD / PCM Audio support all sorted out from a SD card. Samsung EVO (+) or Sandisk Class 10 mSD cards recommended.
Ethernet should be used if streaming 4K video on Any device. WiFi is not reliable enough. Have a look on the WeTek Hub LE forums for any outstanding issues.

Official LibreELEC supported devices, straight from the master code source: (Generic = Intel)
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...r/projects

OpenELEC is dead-er than a dead Dodo's Donger !
Virtually all the original OpenELEC developers have move to LibreELEC, and that is going to be around for a long time.

As I've already said too many flavours of budget S905 Android boxes to know what works and what does not. You are better off asking the users in the already existing Budget AMLogic boxes thread here on the forum for known working LE combos if heading down that path. I know the C2 works.

Golden Rule of ALL Kodi boxes over all else. Buy something Popular, which means it gets well supported.
That is unless you want to get your hands real dirty with a DIY project.

If new users just look at Tech Specs only, you are very likely to run into lots trouble with an unsupported device. Don't get suckered by slick marketing.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Oct 2016) - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-09, 12:42
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28