START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-03-23, 13:37)heino69 Wrote: One benefit for the Wetek's is the possibility to have dual boot support ("onboard" Android + LibreELEC from SD card), right?
Yes - WeTek devices make dual booting a breeze. You simple hold down the Remote control Power button during booting to Flip Flop between Android / LibreELEC.
Other Android LE devices are a bit more complicated - for example if you do not eject the SD card - on powerup (and Android Reboot) - you will always boot into LibreELEC.
Unless you go thru this LE reboot procedure - every time first

WeTek will always remember your last OS boot selection, unless you intervene with the Remote Power button to Flip Flop.

Quote:I wasn't quite sure if the Wetek's are able to play HD Master audio, thanks for this acknowledgement!
I assume this is only for running KODI on LibreELEC, not under Android, correct?
WeTek (and MINIX + Mi Box) S905/S912 devices have HD Audio passthrough working in Kodi Jarvis or Krypton and/or LibreELEC

Quote:Do you have any preference for the Hub or Play 2?
I think it's just the DVB tuner and 1GB more memory for the Play 2, the rest (and especially the support) should be the same, I assume...
If you do not need DVB OTA TV - the Hub - because it is running Android Marshmallow Firmware that allows Android TV OS - 4K Netflix App to work out of the box. Plus MM Firmware is at least 2X quicker than comparable Lollipop. Hub has superior AC WiFi too if you need that.
However Play2 has more USB ports and an Optical port and a better IR remote control.

Personally I don't like IR remotes much anymore. Wireless remotes are far better - like MINIX's A2/A3 Lite.
Its about time WeTek (re-)released their own Wireless integrated remotes. Long overdue. The WeTek Core's, Wireless one was nice and simple

For AMLogic LibreELEC - 1GB or 2GB memory makes no difference at all. LE only needs approx. 250MB to run on. You don't need a massive amount of memory to stream even 4K video.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2017) - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-25, 05:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28