START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
OK very confusing, I feel I've woken from a coma and don't understand the language. Obviously I'm a newbie to this world and not sure on what option I should go for? I'm currently using T-box running through my analogue TV for TV shows and recording. I would like to be able to stream movies off my hard drive and else where, with the potential to stream Live sports. ie Basketball and world games.
What kind of games can these be used for too? my boys are getting older and I feel I need to be ahead of the game... if I can...
from the list below what is my best option is my first question and my second is where can I buy it from and be sure it will have the support of kodi for times when I forget the language and it all stops working and my family turns to me and screams DAD!!

WeTek devices - Core / Hub / Play2 - come packaged with WeTek Media Player - WeTek's optimised version of Kodi Jarvis 16.1
MINIX U1 - comes packaged with XBMC for MINIX - again a version of Kodi Jarvis 16.1
Zidoo X9S- comes packaged with ZDMC - a version of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 for use with a custom external video player App.
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro - a pre-installed Android wrapper App has to be run first to enable Kodi to then use an external video player App.
nVIDIA Shield - simply download Kodi Jarvis 16.1 from the Google Play Store. SPMC preferred and highly recommended.
Amazon FireTV's - download MrMC from the Amazon Apps Store - MrMC is a version of Kodi Jarvis 16.1
( it has some limitations however with Skins and Addons, but is well supported)
Apple TV4 - download MrMC from the Apps Store - MrMC (same limitations as above)
Intel Boxes running Windows 10 - download Kodi from the Microsoft Store.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated June 2017) - by whoistherealmonkey - 2017-07-07, 08:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28