START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Hello to everyone!

Wonderful to find this community of helpful, experienced people. Let me start off by saying that I did read the top sticky post (got somewhat confused!) & some of the later comments (spring/summer 2017) -- but with a rambunctious 4 year old and a baby, it is super hard to find time to spend on the computer researching!! So please accept my apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

We are looking for our first android tv box. The purpose is to be able to watch live channels from other countries (Italy and Morocco) thru Kodi. Possibly also some PPV Boxing, but main purpose is live international channels. I realize we will need to use vpn service.

We definitely want giga Ethernet and dual band wifi.

We have been looking at nVidia shield, minix neo u1 and u9h, skystream one, and the various t95z plus (which have a great price point but I have come to understand from this forum would be a poor choice bc of s912) .

My question is, would a box running on older android, such as minix neo u1, (lollipop and custom minix Kodi I believe) be OK, or will there be some issue of the current or future kodi addons that let us watch international channels not being compatible /not working on the older system? How about vpn compatibility?

We are definitely looking for something more "plug and play" but I am willing to learn and do some setup.

Have I overlooked any other boxes (or cheaper boxes) that would be a good choice?

Thank you so much!!! Smile

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated July 2017) - by Noob111 - 2017-07-24, 19:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28