START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-08-29, 08:58)nickr Wrote: A few reasons perhaps:

* s905 does GigE
* Odroid C2 (s905) is capable of overclocking
* Odroid C2 has pretty mature LibreELEC implementation.
* HDR isn't a huge aspect of buying decisions given there is not a lot of HDR source material at present.

But, what's the position of Khadas Vim in relation to Odroid?
I ask this, because khadas is cheaper, and already comes with 2gb/16gb, and has a promising ability of dual booting several OS. At the moment é there is Android Nougat/Ubuntu in emmc while Libreelec in sdcard. The disadvantage from what I was aware is that development in Khadas is in very low speed. I think Libreville version in one from January this year, for example. Of course there's no auto update libreelec like in Odroid, but I always ask myself it it is just a matter of time...
Khadas is accessible in Gearbest, while Odroid for my country, Portugal, must come from sites where I'm sure i will have to pay taxes, and that means months retained in customs...
At the moment, I'm playing around with a Beelink GT1 that's not mine, just for Android TV, while I try to decide which box should I buy for me.
I have to admit, that for LE I know that Wetek Play 2, Minix U1 or Odroid are very good, but I'm not convinced about the price. If these last are only for LE, than a Khadas Vim is a very good cheaper alternative, and just a little more expensive than Mecool M8S Pro+. And khadas has at least the chance of having Android and LE future development! I think...

So in conclusion, I'm undecided between Wetek play 2, Khadas, Odroid C2 and Mecool M8S Pro+.
For khadas I couldn't understand if we can install Libreelec on its emmc?

I already bought a Minix Neo A2 remote.
In my case I also need Android box for my kids play games like Asphalt, that are very GPU demanding, hence my undecision about all this.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated August 2017) - by jonascotch - 2017-08-29, 10:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28