START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2019-07-17, 15:22)HarlequinMKD Wrote: Hi guys,

About to buy my first android box, so I guess I'm newbie. I went around the forum, did some reading, and I was about to buy the Minix Neo U9
I understand its two years old, so I wanted to check with you if I can get something similar within the price range 50-70$, which is same or even better than the U9-H?

If you need an Android device with Kodi Leia auto Frame Rate Matching for properly smooth video playback & HD audio pass through then choices are really limited.
The mainstream Android devices for that are the Nvidia Shield, Mi Box and the MINIX U9.

Quote:I will use it only for IPTV and perhaps Kodi. No games no apps other than those two.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Why not get a microSDHC card (& adapter) then and simply flash CoreELEC Kodi Leia to it ?
It will be better vs using Android Kodi for out of the box easy, slick Kodi usage.

Kodi has its own IPTV Simple Client addon you can easily add m3u lists to.

The MINIX U9 works nicely for CE usage, I can also dual boot easily into Android.

There is the reasonably cheap Mecool KM3 about that is running a snappy version of Android TV OS Pie 9.0 that will run Kodi OK if auto Frame Rate matching or HD audio are not really that important.
See the Chigztech KM3 YouTube review (click)

If the IPTV App is a regular tablet/touchscreen App you will need an Air Mouse remote to be able to control it properly. The MINIX A2 lite works well for that. Android TV OS devices do not come with Air Mouse remotes.

Be aware the Android TV OS and the regular tablet/phone Google Playstores are separate. Their Apps also have different remote control requirements as well.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated March 2019) - by wrxtasy - 2019-07-17, 17:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28