START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2019-11-03, 05:33)hackno Wrote: Hello @wrxtasy thanks for your precious help enlightening everyone that stops by this forum!!
There is something that's been bugging my mind lately... Apple TV 4K devices (with MRMC) a year a ago were top of the tops but for what I can see Odroid N2 coreelec version with emmc are now the champs... Care to enumerate some of the big differences as of today between these two devices?

Thanks

Pretty simple, best for out of the box, reliable SDR / 4K HDR - HD audio Kodi Leia = ODROID N2 - CoreELEC Edition.
It does Multichannel LPCM audio > 48kHz for those that need FLAC audio support.
Does lossless Bluray quality Atmos and DTS:X
You can also use it for all sorts of (CoreELEC) networked Server duties (ie. Plex, TvHeadend, SMB file server etc)
HLG HDR is supported - hopefully working HDR10+ is to come with further Kernel updates. (currently will play HDR10+ as HDR)

Remember Kodi Leia get's to use all the Kodi Addons & Skins - the MrMC App on the ATV 4K -->> you get what is pre packaged with it.

Best for high quality 4K HDR DolbyVision Apps, excellent auto Frame Rate Matching App functionality = Apple TV 4K
The 4K DolbyVision quality Apple is using for their new ATV+ streaming service is outstanding.
The Infuse App on ATV 4K can do Single layer Profile 5 DolbyVision .mp4 video playback.

Apple has the largest 4K HDR DV Atmos library of any of the media player Eco systems for rental usage. Good thing the Apple TV App is branching out to other platforms now as well, which will allow access.

- BUT ATV 4K does not run Kodi and will not do Bluray quality Atmos audio passthrough for those that need full blown home theatre Atmos audio.

Both devices basically compliment each other in a polished reliable setup.

My Panasonic OLED handles 4K HDR YouTube (and 4K HDR Google Play movies thru YouTube).
The Panny does excellent auto Dynamic HDR tone mapping from regular static metadata HDR10 content as well when fed Correct - MaxCLL/FALL HDR metadata from the ODROID N2.

I'm really impressed with the seamless, reliable, HDMI-CEC functionality with the combo I now have of Panasonic OLED, Yamaha YSP-2700, ATV 4K and N2 - CoreELEC....

One press of ATV 4K or N2 - CoreELEC remote's home buttons - auto switches to the correct HDMI input.
Power OFF / ON of all devices in one hit, via CEC is quick and reliable as well.
Makes life so damn easy. Smile

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated October 2019) - by wrxtasy - 2019-11-03, 06:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28