START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2019-11-03, 05:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-11-03, 01:19)magkaki Wrote: Hi and thanks in advance for the help. I am a newbie in Kodi and i would like to ask you something.

Hi & welcome to the Kodi forums.

No need to post the same questions in multiple threads.
Quote:I just bought an LG OLED 65E9 tv the very best of the best with 2.1 hdmi ports, dolby vision support and all the new tech stuff.

Nice 4K HDR DV TV - I just bought it's competitor, a 65" Panasonic GZ1000U - that is the most picture perfect and color accurate OLED out of the box ! Smile
Quote:I dont have a budget limit in my mind so money are not a problem. I want to buy a tv box for KODI 4k HDR 10bit movies streaming from the internet (and 1080p of course). Most of the movies i like to stream from internet and maybe some from local drives.
I dont want to have much problems with auto frame rate switching and color space. I want to be as much plug and play it can or with the least user intervention.

Yes Plug n Play is always good. WiFi or Ethernet ?

Be aware we will NOT help you with support for Illegal video streaming from the Internet.
There are Kodi forum rules that prohibit discussion about that.
Quote:I am looking well NVIDIA`s new tv shield but i am reading some stuff about colorspace. I am very confused.

For all the 2019 4K HDR DV - Shield Pro hype - it has been released with what we would classify as Beta Firmware with broken (auto) color outputs when watching mixed 4K HDR and then 1080p SDR video content. This really is disappointing from Nvidia for a new, expensive retail product.
Quote:I don't care too much for the local drives and Netflix-Youtube issues cause my TV has already these apps working very well (dolby vision-youtube hdr) and i can play hdr content from my TVs usb ports . Can you please suggest some tv boxes or can you tell me if i buy Nvidia TV shield will i be ok?
Can i do the job with Shield? I like Android very much but you can tell me you opinions.

Yes well the Shield is the best Android TV device on the market if you really like Android. The most powerful Android TV device as well.

The 2019 Shield in it's current state for will NOT be OK for seamless mixed SDR and HDR video viewing, if you want Plug n Play without problems. It does not have "Auto" everything working properly.

Nvidia have said they will fix Firmware bugs like they always do - it usually takes time, sometimes quite a while. Shield users quickly learn to be very patient.

But be aware - with Nvidia's current track record - they have been breaking important features in Shield Firmware with every major Google OS upgrade. eg Android Nougat > Oreo > Pie.
And that is the problem with Android - it's OS is inherently unstable. It's slowly getting better. Slowly.

If you only want to use a fast, well sorted out, virtually problem free - SDR / 4K HDR & HD audio - Kodi device, that works properly out of the Box it's hard to go past the Hardkernel - ODROID N2 - CoreELEC Edition (click)...
and then you also buy a seperate MINIX NEO A2 Lite - wireless Mini Keyboard remote to control it. (A2 lite has it's own included USB - RF receiver dongle)
I also recommend an additional purchase - 16GB eMMC flash module (Linux or Android does not matter) if you want an even faster N2 - Kodi device.
WiFi module 5A if AC WiFi is needed.
That is it for Plug n Play.

Wireless Mini Keyboards come in real handy for Kodi text input and searching.
There are also Kodi keyboard shortcuts you can use: https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls  

thank you VERY MUCH for the reply!!! i have some more questions now Smile lets say i buy ODROID N2. It will come with coreElec preinstalled. Untill now the only way i know how to install kodi is via googlestore. After i open the app, i am going through a Greek team setup process (from inside KODI) and i download their build through Settings-File Manager-Add Source , i put their https://**** site and i go to addons-install from zip file and i download their Kodi Leia 18.4 build-repository. After that i restart kodi and everything is ready. Their skin, their addons everything. Is it the same process for CoreElec like Android or different? If i buy this box it will have already Kodi Leia 18.4 inside or i have to go through i big maze to achieve the goal? I am gonna work with ethernet to have the best speeds so i dont think i will buy Wifi Module. And about 16GB eMMC flash module Linux or Android, why it doesn matter that this memory has Android OR Linux? Isnt it just a storage expansion? If i buy the coreelec edition i can run a different OS from the eMMC flash module? The site also tells that i need eMMC Module Reader or USB3.0 eMMC Module Writer to flash or update the OS of the eMMC Module? Which one? Is it easy to put this memory on ONDROID or not? Thank you very much

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated October 2019) - by magkaki - 2019-11-03, 18:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28