START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Hi I currently have a beelink gt1 but I want to get something better
I used beelink gt1 that boots straight into coreelec from a micro sd and I stay similar to that (coreelec libreelec osmc etc...)
But I am not sure what to get... For me its about a balance between quality and price.

The requirements that I need to have
- optical/spdif output so I can connect directly to and use my logitech z906 5.1 surround speakers. (as my screen does not have it)
- at least 1 USB 3 Port (I have multiple portable hard drives from which I play my content)
(and another usb 2 port for a controller)
- Ability to duel boot coreelec libreelec etc... (something officially supported?) and android etc... or boot only into coreelec etc...
- Something that is reasonably fast and responsive that can load the cover art etc... for my media quickly
- Wifi Stable but speed does not matter as much

The following would be more like bonuses not requirements as long as it does not add a huge extra cost
- 4K HDR etc... (I may consider a 1080p instead one but it would have to be a great one at a much cheaper price)
(Most content I watch is in 720p or 1080p but I do watch some 4K)
- 1000 LAN port (Not a 100% requirement but would be a bonus)
- Reasonably future proof / that I would use it for a good while hence the above two

I have looked at various recommendations on various sites
A lot of boxes sometimes does not have the optical spdif out which automatically rules them out.
Was half considering the ugoos am6, rev a or b? Problem is a lot of sites dont mention what rev it is.
Was conflicted with the price because the prices for it approach closer to 150 euros 
whereas I would be more looking in between 50 and 100 (if its really good)

I don't want something that is cheap cheap but I also may not necessarily need a premium product.

Happy if anyone has suggestions that would be great
Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated October 2019) - by Cfgraven - 2019-12-12, 15:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28