• 233(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
Thanks! the x2 cube looks very appealing especially for the price Smile
Beelink gt king fixed etherner problem
Anyone report minix A2 low IR signal sensitivity issue before? Mine is very weak no matter how I'm close or different angle. Especially in mouse mode it doesn't work properly. Do you know any fix or its just like that?
Well, im a little confused.
I have Netflix on TV. But there is no HBO GO. Which Android box supports for sure DRM for HBO GO?
(2019-12-13, 22:57)Juno Wrote: Well, im a little confused.
I have Netflix on TV. But there is no HBO GO. Which Android box supports for sure DRM for HBO GO?

All of these Legit Google Certified ones:

https://sites.google.com/view/droid-tv/streaming-gaming

Plus the very cost effective Amazon FireTV devices.

(2019-12-14, 03:15)wrxtasy Wrote:

Bah!. Thx a lot. Smile

Which one is dual boot CE/LE?
(2019-12-14, 04:32)Juno Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 03:15)wrxtasy Wrote:

Bah!. Thx a lot. Smile

Mecool KM3 / KM9 Pro.

Beware the 2GB KM9 Classic has rubbish WiFi.
Both have no Android TV Netflix App support.

I have the KM9 Pro Deluxe 4GB. The DRM app in the play store says it has Widevine L1, Microsoft Playready, HDCP 2.2 is supported and currently enabled but I am only getting 1080p HD output in Prime Video. I am making sure the video I'm trying to play is in UHD and I am getting 71mbps on speed test which say I'm good for 8K video too.

What am I doing wrong?
(2019-12-15, 11:20)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: I have the KM9 Pro Deluxe 4GB. The DRM app in the play store says it has Widevine L1, Microsoft Playready, HDCP 2.2 is supported and currently enabled but I am only getting 1080p HD output in Prime Video. I am making sure the video I'm trying to play is in UHD and I am getting 71mbps on speed test which say I'm good for 8K video too.

What am I doing wrong?

Really nothing to do with Kodi these type questions - the only thing I will say is check you have a 2160p output Resolution set in Android OS Display settings.

Here is the support thread for Android Box, general non Kodi - Android type Apps questions:

Freaktab Website - AMLogic devices S905X2 Subforum (click)

(2019-12-14, 06:17)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 04:32)Juno Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 03:15)wrxtasy Wrote: All of these Legit Google Certified ones:

Bah!. Thx a lot. Smile

Mecool KM3 / KM9 Pro.

@wrxtasy 
Thank You very much.

And last question. According to my demands: HBO GO support and dual boot LE/CE. Which next generation upcoming Android TV box with these features is announced to be on market?
I’m not sure why you would buy a custom solution device like that which will very likely not run Kodi at all. It’s also using a HiSilicon chipset which has bad Kodi compatibility. You will very likely run into a bunch of problems.

In the budget space AMLogic chipset or Amazon FireTV devices have better Kodi compatibility.

Get something Mainstream if you want a Kodi device, as suggested in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2192251

(2019-12-15, 23:27)Juno Wrote: @wrxtasy 
Thank You very much.

And last question. According to my demands: HBO GO support and dual boot LE/CE. Which next generation upcoming Android TV box with these features is announced to be on market?

In addition to the easy to use - Legit Android TV - KM3 / KM9 Pro there is..

.. the very much the DIY - Android Tablet/Touchscreen OS Widevine L1, HDCP 2.2...

Freaktab - Beelink GT-King Pro Android 9.0 Now with CoreELEC Linux Dual Operating System (click)

There is also this AndroidPCTV - Beelink GT-King Pro review (click)

Upsides = using a powerful AMLogic S922X chipset, that is Dolby Audio licensed, with proper L1 DRM with HDCP 2.2** & can dual boot to CoreELEC. Good developer & community support which also allows for customisation for those that want to get their hands dirty. Smile

** L1 DRM and HDCP 2.2 on Android devices usually allows up to 4K Netflix from Kodi Leia Netflix Addon - if the correct ESN code (click) is used in that Addon. Wink

Downside = Expensive for what it is vs the KM3 / KM9 pro... even a 2017 Nvidia Shield on discount sale or a 2019 Shield TV Tube is a much much better buy, especially for easy to use Android TV Apps out of the box.
It's not a Google Certified Android TV device - which means no Chromecasting Keys.
The remote's Air Mouse needs to be used for the tablet OS, which means it's harder to use and control HBO GO and tablet Android Apps on a TV screen.

It appears to have weak WiFi vs the competition.
Not newbie friendly because a bunch of - Do It Yourself - needed.
A DIY custom Android TV Pie 9.0 ROM from the Freaktab website would fix Apps controllability (click)

W.

@clarkss12 is the guy that is all over these types of devices, he might like to comment.

(2019-12-15, 23:27)Juno Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 06:17)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 04:32)Juno Wrote: Bah!. Thx a lot. Smile

Mecool KM3 / KM9 Pro.

@wrxtasy 
Thank You very much.

Unlike Netflix, HBO GO does not have such restrictions on which device that it supports, at least it didn't use to.  I used to use it a couple of years ago on one of my Mecool boxes.  

I don't subscribe to HBO Go now, so can't fully  test, but it installs and shows thumbnails, but could not actually test it to see if it plays.  I tested on my Beelink GT1 mini 2 running an ATV mod from Minixfreak (it supports Goolge Widevine Level 1 with HDCP 2.2).  I also tested it on my Beelink GT King Pro running the ATV mod by Alvatech. 

To be noted, both of these Beelink boxes were provided to me free of charge from Beeliink.
HI FOLKS,  is there anyone using KODI in odroid n2 android 9 pie. what about dts passthrough and HD audio options availability in audio settings. does the IEC 61937 audio codec implemented in odroid's android. please give us some information.
(2019-12-16, 19:44)tigersky Wrote: HI FOLKS,  is there anyone using KODI in odroid n2 android 9 pie. what about dts passthrough and HD audio options availability in audio settings. does the IEC 61937 audio codec implemented in odroid's android. please give us some information.

No to both HD audio options, exactly the same results as AMLogic S922Z 2019 Amazon Fire TV Cube, see this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2905574

If you want a quality AMLogic S922X, Dual Boot, Android 9 Pie / CoreELEC Kodi device - on that does both Kodi Android auto Refresh Switching and Kodi Android HD audio passthrough, then look at the UGOOS AM6.
See the following thread for details:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/35qylvm3

• 233(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28