START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2020-10-11, 10:38)MrCrispy Wrote: Questions for @wrxtasy -

- is Nvidia Shield the only Android box which has lossless audio passthru, and has Widevine L1?

Yes it appears so. These days when running Android Oreo and above.
The cheaper 2019 Shield Tube would work fine as well, however Plex App seems to have issues with that one.

Quote:I read that Ugoos firmware enabled lossless audio in Android but then I found a post saying it doesnt work

Someone with a Ugoos X2 / X3 or AM6 would need to reply. Maybe Freaktab website has more info. I do not know.

Quote:- it appears an Android rom on Odroid N2 also doesn't do lossless passthru? Why is that since it has the best support? based on this  https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/os_ima...e_20190612 the N2 will only passthru DD/DTS.

All AMLogic chipset devices running Android v8.1 Oreo and above no longer have any HD audio passthru support. It’s probably an AMLogic SDK Android issue.
The majority of Kodi users dual boot AML devices and simply use CoreELEC Kodi anyway so it’s never been given high priority to add such Android audio support.

Quote:- cost of N2 + needed additions can be greater than the Android boxes officially supported by CE, such as Beelink GT-King etc. I understand N2 has the best heatsink, but there are many reports of people happily using android boxes for years. Is it just a question of quality control?

Yep quality quality control and the exact same hardware components in every Ugoos and ODROID device, not simply the cheapest batches of components available for the time period of box manufacturer.

Ugoos also have the best manufacturer supprted Android tablet Firmware going around with all sorts of tweaks seemingly added.
It’s why the Freaktab ROM devs. seem to love them so much.

Often cheap Chinese sourced Android devices can a bit of a lottery regarding exactly what you are going to get. For a lot of people that is an acceptable risk.

W.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated October 2020) - by wrxtasy - 2020-10-11, 14:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28