START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2021-01-26, 13:38)bubblegum57 Wrote: I do not understand the intracacies of widevine L1 etc. But I think that the list of devices you gave are the only ones to play 4K netflix. They will also play kodi & TVH (as a client) not sure about TVH server, on those devices.

You can install tvh server on a nas. 

CE is the equivalent of LE but for amlogic devices. I think there are plans in the future for LE to support Amlogic devices.

If you had one of the android boxes listed you wouldn't need to run netflix through the kodi addon.You would have the android version.

So, perhaps a nas for sonarr tvh server. & a netflix certified box. 

I have a synology nas. for storage, plex server, tvh server. also jellyfin running through docker (not all nas run docker) You might consider Plex or Jellyfin in the future. 

You cannot install linux on the devices you listed.

I also have a server which take my 4 satellite LMB cables and runs tvHeadend server and is my NAS storage too. So I am fine with Kodi just for the Client side. I know I could use the Netflix android app on the devices above, but I do like the feel of Kodi pulling it all together in the single UI, so my preferred option would be to play Netflix, Amazon & Disney+ all within the Kodi plugins. It's nice to add to the Kodi favourites and be agnostic of where it's from. The plugins work pretty good these days, more than well enough to need to drop through to the native apps (providing the plugins will do the 4K DRM content).

My feeling is the Xaomi might be the best fit, for price and use. As I will be aiming for a boot-to-kodi.

Currently, my PI has a digital optical cable (on a external card interface) to my surround-sound amp for 5.1 DTS and such. Since not of the boxes have digital optical audio out, I assume i just take HDMI from box though amp and then from amp to TV. and the amp will take the audio in the middle? And the passthrough of the 4k, shouldn't be an issue?

I guess I just need a bit of feedback on how each (if any) of those devices do 4K netflix with the kodi plugin...

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020) - by moamoa - 2021-01-26, 14:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28