START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2021-01-26, 16:50)moamoa Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 16:39)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 16:35)moamoa Wrote: There is a lot of point. One of the main, if not THE main point of Kodi, is to bring all media, streams and sources into one uniform place, where all content is accessed, played and controlled in a consistent an similar manner. Be it live tv, a you-tube, a Netflix movie, a local DVD rip, an amazon prime, stream, whatever.. to control and watch it all done the same way, displayed the same, so it's seamlessly integrated. Surely, that's the whole point? If not that, why not dump Kodi and just run natives apps for all sources?

If you use Kodi right, what it is doesn't matter. I can browse some stuff on Netflix plugin, then Amazon, then live tv channels, and add to my favourites in Kodi. I just look in favourites and pick 'Fear City'. I don't need to know what source it's from, it just plays, agnostically. The only way I even know is the big red N at the start! Smile Surely this is the goal? Even to the point I have my Kodi connected to my OpenHab home automation, which is connected to my home alarm. So when I walk in the room, the alarm PIR sees, tells OpenHab I'm in the room, which turns my lights on. My Alexa is hooked into my OpenHab, which is in turn is linked via MQTT to my kodi. So, I say "Alexa, watch Fear City in Movie Room". OpenHab, turns the light off becuase I'm about to watch something and start Kodi playing Fear City which happens to be on on Netflix. There is a lot of point in having the plugin to work in Kodi, vs the native app, because once it is you have access to ALL kodi can do with it.
seems like a good reason. I have been trying to install netflix on kodi on my shield. I have been looking at various guides. But for some reason, I'm not having any luck.

could you link to a good guide. I'm on kodi 18.9
Sure, no probs. Look here;
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

This is where the plugin lives. Just scroll down to the link to install the Repo. There's a Repo for 18.x and 19.x. Once you have added the repo, you can go and install the Netflix plugin from the repo like all other plugs. It should be easy from there.
I install it on LibreELEC and on Windows kodi like that, and have no issues. When you run it first time on Linux it makes you download the Widevine plugin. I don't think that part is needed for android.

Good luck! Smile

Just to clarify a little. The download is a zip. once you have that you go into Kodi addons and pick install from zip file. Once you do this you will have a new Kodi repository added. You can then pick install from repository in the addons and you will see a netlifx addon in the video section of the new Catagnol repo. I hope that's clearer.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020) - by moamoa - 2021-01-26, 17:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28