Kodi 14.2 Ubuntu install
Hey,
Long time xbmc/kodi user, new time ubuntu user!
So I have a boxee box running kodi 14.2, and i want to use mysql bcuz, its mysql!
To my question, I need to install Kodi version 14.2 on my ubuntu 14.04 system running as server, but i don't have a <beep> clue on how to do it!
Searched all over this <beep> thing called google and found nothing.
No problemen installing the latest version (sudo apt-get install kodi) but i'm new to linux/ubuntu.
Don't know if I have the right rep,don't know the right command to promt my install.
Would be ever so greatful if someone could help me!
/ Drunk Swede
Moved to Linux section and removed profanity as per the forum rules (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Robinast.

AFAIK you can´t. because Kodi 14.2 iisn´t in the repos anymore. What you could do, is selecting the branch from github and build from source, if you are able to.

The other thing you could do is using OpenELEC: http://archive.openelec.tv/

Here you will find the matching version to Kodi 14.2. But I guess that´s not an option, because you want to run kodi on your Ubuntu Server and need additional software.

So you choices are:

- compile from source with the matching branch
- use a newer Kodi version

Is there a reason you don´t want to use Kodi 15.2?
I just need to clearify, I'm running ubuntu 14.04 desktop version, but I'm gonna have it as a "Htpc media server"-

There is NOT (typo) a 15.2 version for boxee box! That's why I can't run it.

But is there some other way, some other program that can sync my files between my pc, boxee box, and laptop, that does not demand me to run the same kodi versions over all platforms?
Quote:There is 15.2 version for boxee box! That's why I can't run it

This makes no sense? I guess it´s a typo and it should be: "There isn´t 15.2 for boxee box...."?!

Not very familiar with MySQL and other software like that. Sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.2 Ubuntu install0