How do I Transfer files to an FTP server from within Kodi?
Hello,

I attached an external HDD to my router and enabled the FTP server functionality so I can access videos from my Kodi android device (A Rooted Ouya). On the Router, I set up an admin account with read/write permission. I used that account to log into the FTP server from my ouya (I added it as a media source). I can stream files to the ouya just fine. I can even move files to the Ouya which is not very useful since it only has 8GB of internal storage Less than 2GB is available.

When I use the file manager and I use the context menu. I am not able to move anything to the FTP server. The option to move or copy do not show up. How can I fix this? Any help would be appreciated.
Really, it's okay guys. Don't all try to post at once...
OK
Google brought me here just to find out that this is another unhelpful thread in a forum. Wouldn't it be better for the community to delete this thread?
Given you've just revived a thread that has been dead for 3 years and was quite happily sleeping away from sight of everyone, it was doing no harm.

And no, we don't delete threads or posts without very good reason.

The original question sounds like either a permissions issue, or just a limitation of the server. Most people would use SMB or NFS in such cases anyway rather than FTP, and both of those protocols certainly allow for bi-directional transfer, again given suitable permission set-up on the server.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I Transfer files to an FTP server from within Kodi?0