• 15(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
I'll answer my own question. Updated to TVos 9.2 Beta 3, Kodi is no longer in my apps screen. Interestingly Provenance which was side loaded still shows and works.

UPDATE: I loaded the latest build 0207 through Xcode (signed with latest v17 of iOS App Signer and used my old provisioning profile).

All my settings were saved and a didn't have to do anything other than boot up kodi.

VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW Smile

Also bluetooth keyboard functionality in Kodi.

Working functions:

arrow keys
volume up
Volume down
mute (not working)
Esc (back button)
Enter
shift
caps lock
all key inputs (A-Z, Special, 0-9)
Pause
rewind (f7)
can seek with arrow keys
F9 for FF doesn't do anything
spacebar (pause in video playback)
Enter (brings up video menu with all controls, settings)
I should add no 3rd party skins are supported here as well.

ATV4 branch is built off master, which is a revolving door of changes always. Since the last ATV4 build, stuff was checked in that broke skin compatibility, therefore there's no compatible skin besides confluence.

This will happen repeatedly throughout the lifespan of 17, until it reaches alpha.

REPEAT, we are not even close to beta with 17, so stuff will break/change.

You have been warned, don't use 3rd party skins and upgrade releases and expect them to continue working. And if they don't, especially don't come here complaining about it.
(2016-02-09, 20:31)ajmi982 Wrote: anyone running Kodi on the latest Beta TVos?

I can confirm that it works
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-02-09, 22:22)DanTheMan827 Wrote:

Does dictation work for kodi text input?
(2016-02-09, 22:48)fluxcapacitor Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 22:22)DanTheMan827 Wrote:

Does dictation work for kodi text input?

Actually, I didn't realize that a new beta just came out today...

I haven't tested it on that at all...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I split all the skin discussion off to it's own thread in the iOS sub-forum. Please keep this thread dedicated to CORE functionality, so Confluence support only.

I would of binned it all, but I didn't clarify this rule until after some of the discussion took place. All skin talk in this thread after this will be binned.

Remember folks: the purpose of this thread is to help development work and find bug in the APPLE TV 4 port and nothing else. You can discuss generic issues with v17 elsewhere. This is not the place for it.
Does anyone know why whenever I try to open Kodi I get a blank screen? Using latest version and the latest signing app.I tried deleting and sideloading again but it keeping giving me a blank screen when trying to open the app.
(2016-02-10, 14:22)sasagr Wrote: I did a clean installation of the latest build and I m not managing to use file manager properly. I mean I cannot copy files like advancedsettings from a sbm source. It simply ignores my copy command.
Also noticed that it does not save the settings of my addons. It means that it is not able to create a settings.xml file for that addon.

Have a look in System Settings/ Add-ons and see if Unknown sources is switched on.
I found that after the last update this was off.
(2016-02-10, 16:27)sqig Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 14:22)sasagr Wrote: I did a clean installation of the latest build and I m not managing to use file manager properly. I mean I cannot copy files like advancedsettings from a sbm source. It simply ignores my copy command.
Also noticed that it does not save the settings of my addons. It means that it is not able to create a settings.xml file for that addon.

Have a look in System Settings/ Add-ons and see if Unknown sources is switched on.
I found that after the last update this was off.

yes I noticed that and I already needed to put it ON in order to install the addon.

But the problem is basically that kodi does not leave me to create files by mean of moving from other sources or creating by addon itself.
I tried to create a folder and that was ok.
This might be a really stupid question, but I'm struggling with compiling the yab branch, because Xcode doesn't find Common.xcconfig file, cause it's named Common.xcconfig.in

The same happens for some other files.
Am I missing a step before compiling the TVOS Target with Xcode?
yes
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Ok, found the documentation Confused
Sry for the stupid question...
What happend. I installed http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb this was my first build after http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/darwin/...b-tvos.deb because i did not know the new location like 10000 others. WTF. And now kodi playback of IPTV works better for me but the version lacks of many core Features. Why is it not more possible to Delete media and export the database in many seperate nfo files.
wtf the link is in the first post ... wtf ... i mean seriously - what the fuckin fuck...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-02-10, 16:49)sasagr Wrote: I actually built a new kodi app with new bundle identifier and with the apps group enabled to get the top shelf.

So I have two kodi apps with two different bundle ids.

The one created by deb of 14gen is ok, the one of 07feb gives me the file manager problem

progress..progress...

After many attempts I finally managed to install the latest build and have the TopShelf working with my library.
It also keeps the settings... however I cannot copy any file from other sources via smb to my userdata folder, for example the advancesettings.
Actually I do not even see the default guisettings.xml , like something changed with this build on how settings are handled.

I tried to copy the advancedsettings.xml using dropbox addon and it copied the file with all the tree of folders and when I try to delete it using file manager it does not do it. Of course settings to allow delete/rename is enable.

All very strange.

Am I the only one?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7