hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)
(2016-03-20, 00:55)tom81 Wrote: Hi all,

I have prepared a first OpenELEC test build based on vdpau_sunxi and mosterta's patches. You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv9kdo7trwn980...mg.gz?dl=0

---> PLEASE READ BEFORE USE <---
This is all *very* pre-alpha and unfinished stuff. Be prepared for bugs and crashes. Do not expect to get a fully working OpenELEC image for sunxi devices here. It should only be used for testing purposes!
This image is for Cubietruck *only*!
Not for BananaPi!
Also not for OrangePi!
I do no own any other devices than a Cubietruck, so I will not provide support for other sunxi-based boards. Please do not ask for it. Thank you.

If you want to help improving the sunxi support in kodi, please test video playback with some of your files and report back if something strange happens. It would be helpful if you could provide the unshortened kodi.log file with debug logging enabled (found under /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log). Samples of video files where playback is broken are also welcome.

How to use the image:

- Download the file and decompress it.
- Write the unpacked file OpenELEC-A20.Cubietruck.arm-6.0.3-A20.img to a blank micro sd card of at least 4GB size
- Insert it into the cubietruck, connect a keyboard and power up the system.
- Startup can take some time, OpenELEC will first resize the file systems on the sd card and reboot one more time.
- If everything works, you should get the main kodi screen
- *Important*: For accelerated video playback, go to Settings->Video, select user level expert, go to acceleration and disable the VDPAU video mixer (kodi will crash if you don't)
- Configure OpenELEC/Kodi to your needs, Wifi and Ethernet should work, you may need to select the correct audio output for your environment.

Bugs and limitations:

- Screen resolution is currently hardcoded to 1280x720p60. If you know how to deal with u-boot boot.scr you can change it if you like.
- Some MPEG4 video files are broken. It depends on how the file was encoded and is probably a hardware limitation (not sure...)
- WMV3/VC-1 is unsupported
- H.265 is unsupported (hardware limitation)
- Seeking/skipping in videos is only semi-working, you will get a green screen and some delay, before playback continues
- Deinterlacing is broken, it has to be disabled

The OpenELEC build tree will be published when I have cleaned it up a bit.
I checked the image before uploading it, I hope that I didn't mess anything up...

Have fun
tom

I reupload the image. Suddenly someone will need
https://yadi.sk/d/2pshHXM53GGFaP

Messages In This Thread
RE: hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy) - by dalas1 - 2017-03-23, 07:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)2