hardware acceleration on allwinner A10/A20 with vdpau and OpenGLES (zero-copy)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
pdrobek Offline
issues reported by kernel are propably releated to driver.

https://github.com/mozzwald/linux-sunxi-...p_scaler.c

what codecs are supported by vdpau and cubieboard? same behavior like i described before i got while playing television streams from tvheadend.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 19:58 by pdrobek.)
find quote
mosterta Offline
(2017-08-18 19:39)pdrobek Wrote:  issues reported by kernel are propably releated to driver.

https://github.com/mozzwald/linux-sunxi-...p_scaler.c

what codecs are supported by vdpau and cubieboard? same behavior like i described before i got while playing television streams from tvheadend.

what do you mean? streams is decoded by software decoding?
I use tvheadend with DVB-S/S2 and hardware decoding is enabled for mpeg2 and h264. cubieboard has which CPU? HW decoding on A1X/A20 is supported for mpeg2/4, H264 and msmpegv4. For H3 only mpeg2/4 and H264 is supported.
Do you have a logfile of kodi for the tvheadend case?
find quote
pdrobek Offline
see link below, most fresh log from kodi (krypton) while try to watch high definition tv stream.

https://pastebin.com/WPjhrAHG

Just for check, the same behavior while launching sd tv stream
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 21:44 by pdrobek.)
find quote
pdrobek Offline
old version of kodi (jarvis) the same behavior. I guess last line is the cause of kernel dump

Code:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
scaler execution failed=1
kodi.bin: opengl_nv.c:426: mapOutputTextures: Assertion `iErr == 0x3000' failed.
find quote
mosterta Offline
(2017-08-18 21:36)pdrobek Wrote:  see link below, most fresh log from kodi (krypton) while try to watch high definition tv stream.

the kodi log is not complete, at the end there seems to be a video resync, so the stream is still running, I guess.
where does the ffmpeg comes from? did you build ffmpeg contained in kodi and did you build ffmpeg externally?
the cubieboard is with an Allwiner A10? And tvheadend is with DVB-S(2)?
When I tried with tvheadend/DVB-S(S) on an A10 I recognized that the A10 is just not powerfull enough. Especially since there is a bug in the design of the SoC that memory bandwidth is very limited, especially if 1920x1080 resolution is used. Now I use an bananapi with A20, and this works like a charm.
find quote
pdrobek Offline
(2017-08-18 22:07)mosterta Wrote:  
(2017-08-18 21:36)pdrobek Wrote:  see link below, most fresh log from kodi (krypton) while try to watch high definition tv stream.

the kodi log is not complete, at the end there seems to be a video resync, so the stream is still running, I guess.
where does the ffmpeg comes from? did you build ffmpeg contained in kodi and did you build ffmpeg externally?
the cubieboard is with an Allwiner A10? And tvheadend is with DVB-S(2)?
When I tried with tvheadend/DVB-S(S) on an A10 I recognized that the A10 is just not powerfull enough. Especially since there is a bug in the design of the SoC that memory bandwidth is very limited, especially if 1920x1080 resolution is used. Now I use an bananapi with A20, and this works like a charm.

i guess stream is still running but kodi not (Violation of memory protection) and cubie return to console. the same behavior could be observed while i try to play other videos than sample big buck bunny.

ffmpeg on this cubie is build by myself from gentoo portage (minidlna depends on gentoo portage ffmpeg) and kodis ffmpeg version which was built while making kodi. Dunno what version of ffmpeg was used by kodi or by minidlna.
Im running kodi on A20, tvheadend with dvb-t(2) terrestral television.

On this board i also run mini router, nas, and minidlna service. but i think this is not a problem because resources are free while i run htop on other console.
find quote
mosterta Offline
(2017-08-18 21:44)pdrobek Wrote:  old version of kodi (jarvis) the same behavior. I guess last line is the cause of kernel dump

Code:
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to determine image type.PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
PICTURE::LoadImageFromMemory: Unable to decode image. Error:Decode: Unknown or wrong format
kodi.bin: opengl_nv.c:426: mapOutputTextures: Assertion `iErr == 0x3000' failed.

last line is because in kodi setting is the VDPAU mixer enabled. This is not supported, you have to disable the VDPAU mixer.
This configuration is not supported in jarvis, or any successor versions. You have to check that VDPAU mixer is disabled
find quote
pdrobek Offline
(2017-08-19 13:08)mosterta Wrote:  
(2017-08-18 21:44)pdrobek Wrote:  old version of kodi (jarvis) the same behavior. I guess last line is the cause of kernel dump

Code:

last line is because in kodi setting is the VDPAU mixer enabled. This is not supported, you have to disable the VDPAU mixer.
This configuration is not supported in jarvis, or any successor versions. You have to check that VDPAU mixer is disabled

what is exactly text on button/switch which should i disable?

ok i think i disable vdpau mixer, but also i lost hw on videos Sad tv streams works fine but hw not.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-19 16:13 by pdrobek.)
find quote
mosterta Offline
(2017-08-19 14:01)pdrobek Wrote:  
(2017-08-19 13:08)mosterta Wrote:  

Code:

what is exactly text on button/switch which should i disable?

ok i think i disable vdpau mixer, but also i lost hw on videos Sad tv streams works fine but hw not.

can you send a kodi.log with this configuration?
find quote