[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon
logi85, thanks for looking into making it work with Android as well, and for all the work you put into this app!

I have a Shield Android TV with the leanback/TV version of Netflix installed by default, and the tablet/phone version of Netflix sideloaded onto the device. Your code points to the sideloaded version, but it does not start the app (I also tried it on my android phone, and it does not work either). I did however try a different solution. I noticed that Chrome on Android is able to start the Netflix app, and jump right to the requested movie.

So I changed the code of the play.py file from

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("StartAndroidActivity(com.netflix.mediaclient,com.netflix.mediaclient.ui.launch.UIWebViewActivity,,"+url+")")

to

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("StartAndroidActivity(com.android.chrome,android.intent.action.VIEW,,"+url+")")

In addition, I had to change the netflix URL to not include www, from

Code:
self.launch_browser('https://www.netflix.com/watch/%s' % video_id)

to

Code:
self.launch_browser('https://netflix.com/watch/%s' % video_id)

Now everything works on Android, on my phone as well as on Android TV. When you select the movie in flix2kodi, it starts the Chrome Android app with the URL, which automatically starts the Netflix to play the movie/show. On the phone, you can use the regular Chrome and Netflix apps. On Android TV, you have to sideload Chrome and Netflix (com.netflix.mediaclient not com.netflix.ninja) onto your device, as they do not appear in the playstore for Android TV (only com.netflix.ninja does, which is not working)

I have no clue how to work with Github, unfortunately. Is it possible to add an 8th Browser option called "Chrome on Android" which uses the changed Android activity and delete the www in the netflix URL? I think this might be better than deleting the current Android option, just in case it works for someone.

Thank you very much!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon - by dorf - 2016-03-10, 03:40
No access to TV show data - by seriousjohn - 2016-11-03, 19:01
Flix2kodi <crashed> - by Garri - 2016-01-08, 19:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Flix2Kodi - Just another Netflix-Addon8