[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer
(2016-01-01, 00:06)FernetMenta Wrote: Yes, right. The real point is here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2200306
and http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2200799

There is only a few developers that do platform agnostic code and try to keep a maintainable architecture. Fritsch and I have spent countless hours in support of ALL platforms. Maintaining an architecture and transforming a monolithic application like Kodi into something future proof is hard work and requires a vision. Please don't consider us the bad guys because we say no every now and than. Like fritsch already mentioned we know very well that this feature is wanted and it is not our intention to hurt Android users and devs. This is why we implemented it in a proper way for v17. This is some way to go and we still need to support v16. Every audio related bug reports is assigned to fritsch and myself. This 850 lines of code "hack" is nothing we want in an official release.

Just look into this thread here and you'll notice that this code is NOT ready for official release.

You're 100% correct, but you fail to see why you are still wrong. Code-wise, you are correct, but you can't force people to always agree with you. Being correct is not the most important thing when you have to work with a team. How you treat them, how you choose to cooperate, is far more important in the long run.

You and fritsch seem to only look at what is technically, from a code perspective, right or wrong. You seem to think that respecting the code is more important than respecting people. That's not compatible with being on a collaborative project, no matter how brilliant you are.

I made a huge mistake and treated you with disrespect in the past, so you have no reason to listen to me. I'm not trying to attack you. I have anger towards you, yes, but I honestly want you and Koying and everyone else to work well together. I want Kodi to be a successful project.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!! - by Ned Scott - 2016-01-01, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer3