[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer
(2016-01-01, 01:40)fritsch Wrote: @iHateMemphiz: The good thing is that you use "my" software and I don't have to use yours :-)

@NedScott: If the team decides that every platform gets a special release - I vote for releasing Linux with the new Videoplayer, the VAAPI rewrite, the EGL code, the 4k 60hz support, the VP9 hw acceleration code in a separate branch. Would be great for our users wouldn't it? (All tested since ~ 6 months). Edit: I forgot about the hw accelerated DVD Playback.

Honestly, I would support that. If you or Fernet tell me that something is stable then I will believe you guys.

The decision to make special releases for each platform should be made by the team. Maybe it's a bad idea, because over time it wouldn't be maintainable? I don't know. However, Martijn, as the release manager for v16, makes the final call if an agreement can't be made in order to prevent a stalemate.

I know I've made mistakes about respect and trust as well. I made the huge mistake of not trusting da-anda with the logo stuff a year ago. It took me a long time to understand how wrong I was, and how disrespectful that really was to him and to the team. Even if I was in the right about the disagreement (I wasn't, but just as an example), I would still wrong because I didn't trust him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!! - by Ned Scott - 2016-01-01, 01:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer3