[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer
Long Live KOYING - the master.

I still remember back in the Frodo days, I had an RK3188 device. XBMC back then was horrible for Android, stuttering with 720 and literally unwatchable for 1080P.
Making XBMC pretty much useless for Android.

It was only when SPMC popped out of the blue that I (and all other people with Android boxes) began to see the beauty of the XBMC software.
KOYING is an ASSET to the entire Kodi foundation. I am a nobody, but I have a lot of knowledge, have been using XBMC from the beginning, and Ive read this entire thread.

The disrespect and the manner in which Official Kodi team members are speaking to KOYING is DISGUSTING to say the least.
I'm sorry to be rude but im going to say that guy (wont mention the specific name) is a CLOWN. You are obviously a good developer and also an asset to Kodi for being the team leader, but do you have any knowledge about anything other than coding ?

I suggest you take Ned's advice and learn to treat other team members with the respect they deserve. Without Koying, god knows if XBMC would even be on Android today.

Another thing; you may be a Linux fanboy, but have you done any research on statistics with Kodi? If you did, you would know that Android is the MOST POPULAR platform for the Kodi software. Have you done any research on statistics of sales for android tv boxes? Its a SOARING industry and if you want Kodi to go places, you need to support the popular platform. Not only that, YOUR SPONSORS are mainly manufacturers of ANDROID BASED DEVICES!!
Are you doing whats in their best interest, your users best interest? or just YOUR best interest ?
In my honest opinion, if a "Team Leader" or "Manager" or whatever your position is, you should be able to see this outside of the box you live in. And if you cant, their should be an internal vote to change who calls the shots.

Ok, yes, you may have a point with your statements. But with your ignorance, you have lost not only Kodi's most advanced, skilled, talented and hardworking Android developer - you dont even have a replacement for him. In other words you are sacrificing one of your main assets for your pride and personal mindset.
A PROPER "Team Leader" would say, hey, ok - I disagree with Koyings viewpoint, i think we should stick to this - BUT, if Koying maintains his position, then OK - it actually wont harm to implement his code and keep him onboard. (you need to work as a TEAM, not as a BOSS).

In any case, my rant is over - Please dont ban me or delete this post, as I am not trying to be rude, or argumentative or disrespectful. Im simply posting my honest opinion, in hopes of shedding some light to those who may need it, and to try and keep the Kodi project for Android alive.

KOYING - if you are reading this - I totally understand why you would want to leave, as I would too! We all respect you, especially those over at FreakTab, where you are always mentioned, especially in the RK specific threads. The above poster "Mo123" is also a talented ROM developer for RK devices who also uses SPMC in his builds.
I truly hope that upon reading this message, those in charge at Kodi will change their minds, give you a formal apology, and ask for you to return - as you are irreplaceable, and should be given an official rank, and an official role - with the respect that you deserve. For Kodi to grow, it needs proper Android support - by proper I mean Koying.

If not, PLEASE continue your SPMC fork outside the Official Kodi tree. We need you in the Android world. On your website I see that you have stopped posting updates ever since 15.0 (I have actually been using your 13.4 for the last few years - that's how good it was) - only now I am forced to update due to addons no longer being supported on the older platform. I would use your 15.0 release, but, 15.0 (both Kodi and SPMC) had an issue with AML in regards to video playback (i have a lot of toys) - (which was resolved in 15.2). Though Kodi lacks the RK specifics that you provide. Do you have another place where you are posting your newer releases, or is this the end ? =[

EDIT: It appears I have revived a 2 month old thread - I was actually searching for an SPMC release of 15.2 and came upon this thread. My apologies, though, my statements are still valid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] /me resigning as Android maintainer - by r4nx7 - 2016-03-06, 16:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] /me resigning as Android maintainer3