• 163(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
I can't get the invocation name to change back to Kodi. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Hi,

I had to change my region back to AU for a kindle book I purchased so I thought I would start fresh on a clean windows build. I changed my regions and resetup my entire alexa environment and I got it working.

Must have been something to do with regions.

Thanks very much, time to play Smile

Nick.
I finally figured this out for myself.. hopefully the following will help someone else😎I went to my Amazon developer account and noticed I had like 8 of the same skills enabled there, I deleted all the old ones. Then on my Alexa app enabled the skill and it was changed.
Hello jingai,

Thank you for your answers.

For the point 3) I understand, I ask maybe a little too much to the skill.

However for two or three days I don't understand what's happening but I can't start any movie. I can navigate in my menu, in my movie list, say "select" to start one, but when I say "Alexa ask kodi to start [movie_name]" Alexa answers me (this is an approximate translation of that she says to me in French) : "There was a problem with the requested skill's response". Looks like Alexa does not know my movie list.

Does this problem tell you anything?

Regards,

Micky
I'm trying to use your koko alternative to stream music through my Alexa boxes and use the Kodi box as a central music server.  I'm having trouble with configuration of kodi.config section that has to do with koko.   Please help me with answers to the following questions:

1.  Can use_the proxy and accept_music_warning be answered with = yes and = no?
2.  Should use_proxy be answered "yes" only if an alternative to mongodb is used?  If not, when should it be answered "yes"?
3.  How should mongodb_url be configured?  I assume that user:pass are the username and password of my kodi box, or should they be my choices for my mongodb db?  What about the port/database?

Thanks. 

Rod
(2018-08-31, 16:02)bisca330 Wrote: However for two or three days I don't understand what's happening but I can't start any movie. I can navigate in my menu, in my movie list, say "select" to start one, but when I say "Alexa ask kodi to start [movie_name]" Alexa answers me (this is an approximate translation of that she says to me in French) : "There was a problem with the requested skill's response". Looks like Alexa does not know my movie list.

It's hard to say without the logs, but what exactly are you saying to your Echo (in French)?

Have you tried one of the following:

joue le film {Movie}
démarre le film {Movie}
regarde le film {Movie}
lis le film {Movie}

?
(2018-09-01, 02:49)jingai Wrote:
(2018-08-31, 16:02)bisca330 Wrote: However for two or three days I don't understand what's happening but I can't start any movie. I can navigate in my menu, in my movie list, say "select" to start one, but when I say "Alexa ask kodi to start [movie_name]" Alexa answers me (this is an approximate translation of that she says to me in French) : "There was a problem with the requested skill's response". Looks like Alexa does not know my movie list.

It's hard to say without the logs, but what exactly are you saying to your Echo (in French)?

joue le film {Movie}
démarre le film {Movie}
regarde le film {Movie}
lis le film {Movie}

?  
Maybe I'm wrong, I'll try to say another sentence to my echo.

If not, where do I find the log?

Micky
@bisca330 first try one of the utterances I mentioned.

If you need to get at the logs, it depends on your deployment method.  If you used heroku or AWS Lambda, @m0ngr31 will need to chime in and explain how to get them.
(2018-09-03, 18:26)jingai Wrote: @bisca330 first try one of the utterances I mentioned.

If you need to get at the logs, it depends on your deployment method.  If you used heroku or AWS Lambda, @m0ngr31 will need to chime in and explain how to get them.
Thank you jingai.

I used AWS Lambda for deployed. So @m0ngr31 is it possible to know where are the logs please.

Regards
(2018-09-01, 02:49)jingai Wrote:

joue le film {Movie}
démarre le film {Movie}
regarde le film {Movie}
lis le film {Movie}

?   
  Hello,

I tried the following sentence and I still have the same message from Alexa : "There was a problem with the requested skill's response"

joue le film {Movie}
démarre le film {Movie}
regarde le film {Movie}
lis le film {Movie}

Is it possible to know where is the log to try to inderstand this problem ?

Regards

Micky
Have you tried cleaning your library and rebuilding it?
(2018-07-09, 17:05)CaseCRS87 Wrote: Hi there, I'm trying to set this up this skill but am stuck on the "lexigram login" step. I've created an account for both AWS and for the Amazon Developer part. When I run the login command  and select the default profile the login page in the browser pops up, I can log in but then I get an error on the Terminal 
Code:
Switch to 'Login with Amazon' page...
Tokens fetched and recorded in ask-cli config.
Call list-vendors error.
Error code: 401
{
"message": "You are not authorized to access this operation."
}
 I have the exact same problem actually. And I can't get further actually. The Cli has all rights according to the AWS overview. But nothing else works.
(2018-09-14, 14:19)drizzt09 Wrote: Have you tried cleaning your library and rebuilding it?
Hello drizzt09,

My library works perfectly. And frankly I do not have time to test this solution for the moment.
What I would possibly do is create another library on another Raspberry or on a new Micro SD Card. It's possible that my current configuration of Kodi with the use of playlists is not very compatible with Kanzi.

But thanks anyway for your answer.

Micky
I am getting stuck on deploy. Just have an orange spinner, no errors. Any ideas what the cause may be?

Update: 
   After letting it run all day I got an error. Error: stdout maxBuffer exceeded

Update 2:
  Got it to work, used a Windows 7 machine instead of Windows 10.
In AWS lambda, the logs can be found by logging into your AWS services console and selecting "CloudWatch".  Then select "Logs" along the left hand side.  Each of your lambda functions should have a log group.  The log groups are arranged sequentially with the latest on top.  However, each log is itself sequential with the latest events at the bottom.  The logs are very useful for debugging. as they are updated in near real-time, and can be updated by hitting "Retry" at the bottom to refresh the log.
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15