• 19(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2016-10-25, 19:24)jingai Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 19:12)MattDale Wrote: "Play next episode of [x]" plays the last episode I watched

It should play the next unwatched episode for that series. And it does for me -- I use this one all the time. Are your shows getting marked as watched?

(2016-10-25, 19:12)MattDale Wrote: "play latest episode of" selects a previously played episode - not figured out the logic, but it's a different one for each series.

This should play the latest (as in, most recently added to library) episode of a series.

My shows are being marked watched correctly. Not sure what's going on there. I'll keep playing around.

Ah, you've answered the question about the other one though - I've been testing it with shows I haven't necessarily loaded into my database in broadcast order. So yep, it's correctly playing the most recent additions Smile
When I do the command lambda-deploy deploy in command prompt I get the following..

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\python27\lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
File "c:\python27\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe\__main__.py", line 9, in <module>
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\lambda_deploy\lambda_deploy.py", line 360,
in main
name=options.name
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\lambda_deploy\lambda_deploy.py", line 75,
in __init__
self.client = boto3.client('lambda')
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\boto3\__init__.py", line 83, in client
return _get_default_session().client(*args, **kwargs)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\boto3\session.py", line 263, in client
aws_session_token=aws_session_token, config=config)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\session.py", line 824, in create_
client
client_config=config, api_version=api_version)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\client.py", line 69, in create_cl
ient
verify, credentials, scoped_config, client_config, endpoint_bridge)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\client.py", line 222, in _get_cli
ent_args
verify, credentials, scoped_config, client_config, endpoint_bridge)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\args.py", line 44, in get_client_
args
endpoint_url, is_secure, scoped_config)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\args.py", line 101, in compute_cl
ient_args
service_name, region_name, endpoint_url, is_secure)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\client.py", line 295, in resolve
service_name, region_name)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\regions.py", line 122, in constru
ct_endpoint
partition, service_name, region_name)
File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\botocore\regions.py", line 135, in _endpoi
nt_for_partition
raise NoRegionError()
botocore.exceptions.NoRegionError: You must specify a region.
(2016-10-25, 22:24)elikiasdad Wrote: When I do the command lambda-deploy deploy in command prompt I get the following..

https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa#aws-lambda

Have you definitely copied the .env.sample to .env (and amended the values according to your lambda setup)?

If so, are you running lambda-deploy deploy from the directory you downloaded the code to?
(2016-10-25, 22:49)Jagsta Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 22:24)elikiasdad Wrote: When I do the command lambda-deploy deploy in command prompt I get the following..

https://github.com/m0ngr31/kodi-alexa#aws-lambda

Have you definitely copied the .env.sample to .env (and amended the values according to your lambda setup)?

If so, are you running lambda-deploy deploy from the directory you downloaded the code to?

Thank you Smile.. Forgot to name it .env. But now I have a new issue. When I do a test in Service Simulator the Lambda Request is as follows..

{
"session": {
"sessionId": "SessionId.e02002da-d44a-4fe4-9c47-0d4663e41b5d",
"application": {
"applicationId": "amzn1.ask.skill.8dc23db7-f257-4005-94b2-6d30a09d70a2"
},
"attributes": {},
"user": {
"userId": "amzn1.ask.account.AHUCZHK7EUNWY2CZPLCSBEPI2IQJJBTMZKAOFBPXHRCJWIEAL5BDCDL75UHAACRJPZBDKL67A2HDSJ5BV6YMWF5ZBCDTXLYCH4JS27X754K72OZTWRHQJDXRP7LASAA4JYQKR25T4RQUPODMWQT4ILVLFIF5DOJPPYHZCZFT6STNYBO46X2H65ZXHUKNGAIKSBKCFFT7GCY4Q4A"
},
"new": true
},
"request": {
"type": "IntentRequest",
"requestId": "EdwRequestId.aeff5b40-4916-469c-aba5-cda5c3f70361",
"locale": "en-US",
"timestamp": "2016-10-25T23:16:42Z",
"intent": {
"name": "CurrentPlayItemInquiry",
"slots": {}
}
},
"version": "1.0"
}

Which gives a "The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid." in the Lambda Response box.

When I run a function test by copying and paste in the Lambda request I get " "errorMessage": "Unable to import module 'wsgi'" " in the error log.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
(2016-10-26, 01:23)elikiasdad Wrote: When I run a function test by copying and paste in the Lambda request I get " "errorMessage": "Unable to import module 'wsgi'" " in the error log.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

I think you'd get this message when lambda can't find the python file specified in the handler in the lambda config (wsgi.py). Is it worth downloading the zip file of the function and verifying everything is there?
Has anyone got this working with docker and Libreelec? If so, Any tips?
(2016-10-26, 13:56)stuCONNERS Wrote: Has anyone got this working with docker and Libreelec? If so, Any tips?

Do you mean running the container in libreelec? If it's on an x86 platform you might just be able to use this: https://hub.docker.com/r/kuroshi/kodi-alexa/

If it's ARM I suspect you might be cutting new ground.

I haven't personally tried running it in docker on any platform yet, if you do get it working updating the documentation on github with some more detailed guidance would be really helpful.
Hi

I've been trying to get lambda-deploy working and thought i had finally cracked it but it doesn't want to use my .env file
2016-10-26 15:22:04:WARNING:lambda_deploy: Skipping inclusion of of .env file - use LAMBDA_ENV_VARS instead (see documentation for more information)

What am i doing wrong?

Full log:-

C:\Users\Andy\Documents\Code\kodi-alexa>c:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy deploy
2016-10-26 15:22:04:INFO:botocore.credentials: Found credentials in environment variables.
2016-10-26 15:22:04:INFO:lambda_deploy: Packaging lambda kodi-alexa
2016-10-26 15:22:04:WARNING:lambda_deploy: A .env file exists in your Lambda directory - be careful that it does not contain any secrets you don't want uploaded to AWS!
2016-10-26 15:22:04:WARNING:lambda_deploy: Skipping inclusion of of .env file - use LAMBDA_ENV_VARS instead (see documentation for more information)
Collecting requests (from -r C:\Users\Andy\Documents\Code\kodi-alexa\requirements.txt (line 1))
Using cached requests-2.11.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting gunicorn (from -r C:\Users\Andy\Documents\Code\kodi-alexa\requirements.txt (line 2))
Using cached gunicorn-19.6.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Collecting yaep (from -r C:\Users\Andy\Documents\Code\kodi-alexa\requirements.txt (line 3))
Using cached yaep-0.0.6-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting pycountry (from -r C:\Users\Andy\Documents\Code\kodi-alexa\requirements.txt (line 4))
Installing collected packages: requests, gunicorn, yaep, pycountry
Successfully installed gunicorn pycountry requests-2.11.1 yaep-0.0.6
Starting new HTTPS connection (1): lambda.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
Updating kodi-alexa lambda
Successfully deployed kodi-alexa version 2

Thanks
seeing the same thing - main bit i notice is:

2016-10-26 15:08:35:WARNING:lambda_deploy: Skipping inclusion of of .env file - use LAMBDA_ENV_VARS instead (see documentation for more information)

and in the lambda logs it shows all request directed to localhost:8080
I have the same message, but it works for me either way /shrug
was yours already configured? if so I'm guessing the variables have already been configured to the lambda function.

this is me starting from scratch in order to move away from Heroku
never mind - my LAMBDA_ENV_VARS line had been cut off - fixed this and now working
(2016-10-26, 17:24)matty87a Wrote: never mind - my LAMBDA_ENV_VARS line had been cut off - fixed this and now working

Hi Matty what do you mean by that? how did you fix it?
Might have been that I left an environment variable in LAMBDA_ENV_VARS that I had meant to remove. It's fixed now.
rather than the full:

LAMBDA_ENV_VARS = SKILL_APPID,SKILL_VERIFY_CERT,KODI_PASSWORD,KODI_USERNAME,KODI_PORT,KODI_ADDRESS

it had been truncated when i'd copy and pasted to something like:

LAMBDA_ENV_VARS = SKILL_APPID,SKILL_VERIFY_CERT,KODI_PASSWORD,KODI_USERNAM$

which meant the variables were blank.

its worth noting that as Xaelias pointed out it does still say the .env file has been skipped but now works.

have you checked your Lambda logs in CloudWatch?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15