• 70(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2017-02-13, 23:46)popy Wrote: Update: Currently i cant create a new skill, when ill updating the custom slots it takes very long at "Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated..." and the an error pops up.
WIll try it tomorrow.

pOpY

I am not sure if your problem is the same as mine but I was also stuck in "Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated..." . In my case it was a browser issue. I was using IE11. I switched to Google Chrome and was then able to go quickly go through the screen that you are stuck on. FireFox also worked okay.
(2017-02-11, 03:25)digiltd Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 23:38)deboyd Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 22:49)digiltd Wrote: The .env won't deploy/upload itself to lambda like the other files. The lambda-deploy command reads the file locally and sets the environment variables directly on the server. This is a security measure.

What is the error message? Is it the same as before about the aws regions?

Oh, and what operating system are you using?

@digiltd There is no error message this time as I was not using the command prompt. This time, I just double clicked the "pip install lambda-deploy" and "python deploy-to-lambda.py" python files to run them. The black console box opened up on the screen and ran the code, then disappeared again. I am assuming this is the correct way to run those commands?

I am running Windows 10.

I feel that due to my coding noobness, I am missing an obvious step here. Big Grin

The mind boggles, I'm not even sure how you would click "pip install lambda-deploy" Smile

There does seem to be quite a bit of learning ahead of you in order to set this up. There was a good video posted a few pages back that went through the steps and gave a little explanation about they did. I suggest you watch that first all the way through, and then try to follow along.

The Skill setup process is changing quite a bit (though not really making initial setup any easier) in an upcoming update and that video will not be relevant. But if you have no idea about what you are doing, it is a starting point that explains some of the concepts.

Good luck

edit: the post with the tutorial http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2504643

@digiltd Thank you for the video link, I will check it out. Yes, my mind is also boggling! I will attempt to un noob myself and try again.

Cheers mate!
Hi

With the new update is the python portion just required to link Kodi to the AWS or is it something that needs to be running at all times.

Has anyone gotten this to work on a android media player ?
(2017-02-14, 01:12)jingai Wrote: @popy, we have the skill translated to German already, but you'll need to wait for the 2.5 release. Hopefully soon!

thx, for the info.
Is it possible to get the needed files to test this "not released" version out? Huh

(2017-02-14, 04:18)bill_orange Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 23:46)popy Wrote: Update: Currently i cant create a new skill, when ill updating the custom slots it takes very long at "Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated..." and the an error pops up.
WIll try it tomorrow.

pOpY

I am not sure if your problem is the same as mine but I was also stuck in "Please wait while this Alexa skill is updated..." . In my case it was a browser issue. I was using IE11. I switched to Google Chrome and was then able to go quickly go through the screen that you are stuck on. FireFox also worked okay.

my default browser was chrome.
when it stucks i also tried it with IE but with no luck.
Maybe it had todo with AWS itself!?

Will try it today.

Another question: Whats the phrases i have to talk to alexa in german? -> Alexa, sage "kodi wohnzimmer" spiele nächste folge von mythbusters?
Is this correct?

thx
pOpY
(2017-02-14, 08:44)shaunnadan Wrote: Hi

With the new update is the python portion just required to link Kodi to the AWS or is it something that needs to be running at all times.

The Skill is written in Python and n ends to be running all the time. Bu if using aws you don't really have to worry about this as it is running on their servers.
I got an Echo yesterday and it's now doing my Nest, Hue and Harmony. I just looked into Kodi and I can't believe how complicated it is (it's still amazing!). Is this going to get simpler with time?
(2017-02-14, 09:34)digiltd Wrote:

The Skill is written in Python and n ends to be running all the time. Bu if using aws you don't really have to worry about this as it is running on their servers.

So I just need to get the .env file from my Kodi system and then use python on my laptop to publish it to AWS?
Guys, i have setup the skill now and when i am tzesting it on the skill page it recogines my utterance question:

Question "Welche serien gibt es" (english: which seriesdo i have)

Service request is:

Code:
{
  "session": {
    "sessionId": "SessionId.[removed]",
    "application": {
      "applicationId": "amzn1.ask.skill.[id removed ]"
    },
    "attributes": {},
    "user": {
      "userId": "amzn1.ask.account.[ID removed]"
    },
    "new": true
  },
  "request": {
    "type": "IntentRequest",
    "requestId": "EdwRequestId.[removed]",
    "locale": "de-DE",
    "timestamp": "2017-02-14T13:14:05Z",
    "intent": {
      "name": "WhatNewShows",
      "slots": {}
    }
  },
  "version": "1.0"
}

The name is "WhatNewShows" which should be correct, isnt it?
Sadly the service resoponse is:

Code:
The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.

In the cloud log on this is it:

Code:
Sending request to http://[host]:[port]/jsonrpc

No JSON object could be decoded: ValueError
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/task/wsgi.py", line 1933, in lambda_handler
return on_intent(event['request'], event['session'])
File "/var/task/wsgi.py", line 1900, in on_intent
return one_intent[1](intent_slots)
File "/var/task/wsgi.py", line 1410, in alexa_watch_next_episode
shows = kodi.GetTvShows()
File "/var/task/kodi.py", line 724, in GetTvShows
return SendCommand(RPCString("VideoLibrary.GetTVShows"))
File "/var/task/kodi.py", line 143, in SendCommand
return json.loads(r.text)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

The host is online and i can reach it from the internet! Also the slot generator works, so my port forwarding should be fine.
Any hint what i am doing wrong?

thanks
pOpY
(2017-02-14, 15:12)shaunnadan Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 09:34)digiltd Wrote:

So I just need to get the .env file from my Kodi system and then use python on my laptop to publish it to AWS?

You create the .env file yourself. Then after using Python to deploy to aws you shouldn't need your laptop. Though best keep Python installed as you need it to update.
(2017-02-14, 15:18)popy Wrote: Guys, i have setup the skill now and when i am tzesting it on the skill page it recogines my utterance question:

Service request is:

Code:
{
    },
    },
  },
    }
  },
}

Code:
The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.

Code:

The host is online and i can reach it from the internet! Also the slot generator works, so my port forwarding should be fine.

thanks
pOpY

Sounds like it is not talking to Kodi correctly.

I assume you have removed the host and port in the log you posted ? I.e. Sending request to http://[host]:[port]/jsonrpc
(2017-02-14, 15:43)digiltd Wrote: Sounds like it is not talking to Kodi correctly.

I assume you have removed the host and port in the log you posted ? I.e. Sending request to http://[host]:[port]/jsonrpc

you are right, i have remove the host and port from the posted log, but when ill take the complete url out of cloud log and paste it into browser on an client outside my lan i'll get the proper response from kodi.
Also when i am using the slot generator linked in the github repo it can get all the slot conents correctly -> kodi & routing setup seems to be ok?

What else could be the issue?

thx
pOpY
(2017-02-14, 15:18)popy Wrote: Guys, i have setup the skill now and when i am tzesting it on the skill page it recogines my utterance question:

Service request is:

Code:
{
    },
    },
  },
    }
  },
}

Code:

Code:

thanks
pOpY

There's a cloud log! That would really be helpful. I have made revisions to kodi.py to do a couple of other home automation operations I need. There is a Try / Except structure in a Def that I can not get to work right. A look at the log would be a help.

How to you navigate to the log?

Bill
ok guys, my fault, it was an wrong username!!!!
Sorry, sorry, sorry, now ill get response and will do testing.

thx
pOpY
I try to get all albums from one artist. The Script calls the list of all registered artists. My Kodi answer this request with 12000 artists and the ID end with something about 15000. The answer has 800kByte. Kodi answer in less than a second, but on my pyscript it looks like the answer does not fit in memory or there is something else wrong, anyhow the script timeout and did not move forward. Checked with some additional print inside the wsgi.py that artists = kodi.GetMusicArtists() is the last thing the script is doing
(2017-02-14, 16:54)bill_orange Wrote: There's a cloud log! That would really be helpful. I have made revisions to kodi.py to do a couple of other home automation operations I need. There is a Try / Except structure in a Def that I can not get to work right. A look at the log would be a help.

I really don't recommend you do this, because we will be unable to provide support for you if you modify the code. Further, when you go to update the code as we release new versions, you will have to merge your own changes back in. Unless you are already familiar with branching and merging in git, this might prove difficult for you.

The best route for you would be to either make your own skill for your HA stuff, or use something like ha-bridge (which probably already has what you need anyway).
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15