• 90(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Also try running a command in the skill simulator and see what it says.
(2017-04-18, 23:26)bsollenb54 Wrote:
(2017-04-18, 23:12)m0ngr31 Wrote:
(2017-04-18, 23:08)bsollenb54 Wrote: Testing yields a 502 error.....

So I did the instructions from m0ngr31's Github, did the zappa deploy dev, got the HTTPS: and pasted it into the alexa skill's configuration for the remote endpoint.

Next, my .env has the right hostname, port, user, and pass which I can open from a browser outside of my network.

But when I test the skill, the response I get is: There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 502 : Bad Gateway

Anyone know where I should look to resolve this?

Did you verify that when you copied the URL it didn't include any spaces before or after the URL?

Double-checked, no spaces. Any other ideas? Lol I'm soooo close now, I can smell it!

(2017-04-18, 23:57)m0ngr31 Wrote: Also try running a command in the skill simulator and see what it says.

The skill simulator returns "There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 502 : Bad Gateway" when I type "play latest episode of Friends"

Also, the log is here: http://imgur.com/a/3bttx?

The image cuts off the last line, but it displays some log URL as the endpoint URL: "https://logs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/"
Yeah, it needs that part of the url
So that weird log URL should be the endpoint URL?
It should look something like this:
(2017-04-19, 00:38)m0ngr31 Wrote: It should look something like this:

Yup, and that's exactly what's in my configuration tab in the ASK. But the log file I screengrabbed from the Zappa tail Deb command shows that https://log.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ URL which I think isn't even looking at the URL I pasted into my Skill's configuration from the Zappa deployment.
Try adding (or removing, if there already is one) a trailing slash. I self-host, but I've noticed that the trailing slash matters -- in my case, it needs to be present.
Good thought, jingai but no dice.

I added a trailing / to /dev but it still returns a bad "remote end point connection, 502 bad gateway yards yada" when I test it in Amazon skills kit.

Any other ideas?
Also, hole I continue to tinker with this, what's the Windows CMD command for "re-deploying" updates to my dev from zappa?
"zappa update dev"
Make sure you are in your virtual environment before you run any zappa commands though. I think that's probably why your log command failed.
nah, I've been executing virtualenv venv before the deployment and I've done a few updates as well. Still getting the error though. Any other files or commands (and then logs) I could try next?
What permissions (or policies) did you attach to your role built in AWS console?
Like the readme says, you just need to have your user have the Admin permissions.
Yup, my user has that but I'm just spitballing ideas at this point and saw a HowToGeek article that tells you to build a role in addition to a user....Reddit and other parts of this forum seem to diss it though, but I'm just spitballing ideas because I've quadrupled checked my steps from the README at this point so I'm truly stumped on what's causing the 502 error in the skills simulator.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15