Linux Micro-Stutter with Live TV on Ubuntu
All,

I did a few test with the actual stable 15.2 on Ubuntu and wonder if you also noticed micro-Stutters in Live-TV. There's a very detailed and good working How-To in this Forum to install Kodi on a Minimal Ubuntu using an Intel Grafics and modified Intel driver (to have better deinterlacing support). I followed this guide and everything's working expect that in Live-TV I have those micro-Stutters. I tested with N24 (German News Channel) as they have a ticker.

Sometimes it's running smooth about 10-15min and then there are some stutters. There's not really a pattern so it's a bit difficult to reproduce. I tested also Openelec (V6) and did not have any issues with that so I guess it should be also possible on Ubuntu.It's really a mirco Stutter and I'm assuming that most of the people even do not recognize that but unfortunately I do :-)

Before to start with a deeper analyze:

- Can someone confirm to have those issues with Ubuntu on an Intel System

As Backend I use an actual TVHeadEnd Server. On Kodi I have installed the latest HTS Addon (2.2.10). I'm using Trusty Tahr 14.04.3 and upgraded the Kernel to "Willy" 4.2 (but had the issues with the standard Kernel 3.19 also)
I know that you need Log Files for this - however as I'm knew to Linux and have never debugged before which Files do you need? (Sorry if I missed instructions somewhere)

Thanks a lot. Have a good rest of the weekend

S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Micro-Stutter with Live TV on Ubuntu0