HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode
Hi!

I've been looking around, but can't find any newer instructions on how to get a build up and running for the first time, and to make it even more interesting, I'm trying this on a Mac using Parallels, all while being unfamiliar with the VS tool set!  Eek

My first attempt was to use VS2022. I ran into all sorts of issues with updating the EMM codebase and never got everything to build completely.

The second try was with VS2019, which seemed much closer to the mark. There were a few places where I had to change <Prefer32Bit> from true to false, and one where I disabled a failing xcopy (below), but ultimately was able to produce a build.

xml:
    <PostBuildEvent>xcopy "$(ProjectDir)$(PlatformName)" "$(TargetDir)Bin" /E /I /R /Y</PostBuildEvent>

Running this build shows the splash screen, but crashes a short time later, when failing to find Settings.xml. (Maybe due to the missing xcopy?)

So, before digging into this too much deeper, it seemed prudent to ask if there might be any newer instructions available for setting up a first-time build. Also, if there's any other forum for development discussions, I'd be interested in checkin it out.

Thanks to anyone who made it to the end of this message, and extra thanks if you might have any tips on how to produce a good build!  Nerd

Messages In This Thread
RE: HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode - by scanarr - 2022-09-14, 01:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode1