• 5(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
The thread on amlinux regarding openelec on the MiniMX is still present. However, it looks like the relevant developer is no longer posting. The installs have disappeared but I have a copy of the latest build (dated 9th Jan 2016) if anybody wants a copy.

As Dukester suggests above, and as highlighted on the other forum thread, auto-switching refresh rates does not work currently in this build. You have to set a single value and leave it at that for now.

The other thread also suggests that 4K videos will play, but only at 1080p. If some-one can post me a link to the UHD HVEC files I can test they play but I do not have a 4K TV.
Still downloadable @ http://amlinuxmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0
Need to sign-up & log-in to view forum & links.

Look for movie78's review of Zidoo X5 to be added to post #3 shortly; very curious to learn how it fares vs. Beelink & Tronsmart w/VidOn.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-19, 07:47)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 00:46)hdmkv Wrote: Right, I think the core is always present with DTS-MA, while with TrueHD, core is a +track... which you can lose in MKV as TrueHD & AC3 must be muxed in as separate tracks if I recall correctly.

Re: Amlinuxmedia forum, they now require registration to view/access...
Quote:Sorry folks.. but this section is for members only.. please register for free to view.
http://amlinuxmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

If you look a little closer you will find that the topic is actually not there anymore. I dont know what happened Sad

http://amlinux.ru/temp/tmp/

This is where Alex posts his builds. Hopefully this is not the last of it.

Regards
Jacob

That's a specific build for a TV tuner driver.. And not where he posts builds.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-19, 10:39)DrJogalog Wrote: The thread on amlinux regarding openelec on the MiniMX is still present. However, it looks like the relevant developer is no longer posting. The installs have disappeared but I have a copy of the latest build (dated 9th Jan 2016) if anybody wants a copy.

As Dukester suggests above, and as highlighted on the other forum thread, auto-switching refresh rates does not work currently in this build. You have to set a single value and leave it at that for now.

The other thread also suggests that 4K videos will play, but only at 1080p. If some-one can post me a link to the UHD HVEC files I can test they play but I do not have a 4K TV.

Thanks

http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=88
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
(2016-01-19, 01:30)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 01:24)DrJogalog Wrote: I also have no issue playing 23.976fps videos either.
Hmm, I may try re-flashing & re-trying. Maybe the crash was due to DTS-MA or DTS present in 23.976 videos.

I have a similar problem when using hw acceleration/amcodec with the minimx - when i play back 23.976fps content - the hdmi basically turns off for 1-2 seconds, but hte video comes back - the same thing happens when i skip forward/backword - turning off amcodec the problem goes away..
(2016-01-19, 16:35)dukester Wrote: Thanks

The first video in that link does not play at all. Just gives a failed message. I'll try and check the log files later.
The second video (Dynamic range) works without issue. I see the bit rate jumping upto around 65Mb and processing without issue but as suggested, this is at a 1080P output. It's a very good picture though. :-)
(2016-01-19, 21:04)DrJogalog Wrote:

The first video in that link does not play at all. Just gives a failed message. I'll try and check the log files later.
The second video (Dynamic range) works without issue. I see the bit rate jumping upto around 65Mb and processing without issue but as suggested, this is at a 1080P output. It's a very good picture though. :-)

they are just 2 formats of the same video both with HDR. 65mb/s hevc is pretty great, not sure if any devices can currently do that. it should be good to play UHD bluray files when they are released

Tested that video in your link with the Zidoo X5 and it plays fine,the Zidoo X5 support 10 bit Hevc UHD
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-19, 21:31)movie78 Wrote:

Tested that video in your link with the Zidoo X5 and it plays fine,the Zidoo X5 support 10 bit Hevc UHD
Have you tested how it Handel's 23.976 material yet. Is it played back correct or at 24 and does it automatically switch frame rate

i would assume the tronsmart and other s905 boxes probably can also too then, im still waiting for one to arrive in the mail. i personally like running Openelec over Android so ill probably stick with the mini mx once the bugs get worked out.
(2016-01-19, 21:35)goujam Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 21:04)DrJogalog Wrote: The first video in that link does not play at all. Just gives a failed message. I'll try and check the log files later.

Have you tested how it Handel's 23.976 material yet. Is it played back correct or at 24 and does it automatically switch frame rate

Not yet,will do when i get some time...
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Thanks for posting your first impressions. The HOU (or TAB) output for 3D ISO's & MVC MKV's affects all AML S812 & S905 players using Koying's hack. Your TV/projector can force this to proper 3D picture, but that's a pain to do every time. Only VidOn is managing to output proper 3D via Tronsmart S95 series, but output is half-resolution, not full render.
My HT
I taught that we weren't allow to talk about VidOn here,bit i did load the VidOn XBMC pro 14.2 and 15.2 beta and did a few test

With 14.2 All the Audio format works,but with 15.2 beta only DTS and Dolby Digital option are selectable in Kodi worked,BD J Menu works with both releases,but 3D playback has the same result as the other S905 devices
IMHO we should be allowed to discuss anything; can't stand censorship! But, in my stickied 3D players thread, I did brand VidOn as GPL and/or trademark non-compliant. With GPL, they seem to have selectively complied, but they're not being upfront or transparent. They probably can't afford to w/o giving away their secrets.

Quote:...but 3D playback has the same result as the other S905 devices
Yep, getting same results here on Beelink's Mini MX. Never got my Minix U1 review sample from Minix HK; ah well.
My HT
(2016-01-20, 00:13)hdmkv Wrote: With GPL, they seem to have selectively complied, but they're not being upfront or transparent. They probably can't afford to w/o giving away their secrets....
No No No!
With GPL you never selectively comply. Its either 100% compliance or your permanently labelled as a GPL Violator.

Mum's to be are never "just a bit" pregnant.

I find any discussion of VidOn and their products personally offensive on a Kodi forum, its giving them too much oxygen and exposure.
Continual ongoing discussion shows no respect whatsoever to the volunteer Kodi devs who's code VidOn are selling for profit.
Its frankly disgusting Sad

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6