• 7(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-01-21, 16:46)movie78 Wrote: Are these S905 manufactures waiting on AMLOGIC to fix the 3D bug?

I think it's alot more complicated than that. I don't think there's a bug.. I think the hardware supports it but it's going to take someone to implement it correctly. But that's probably not going to happen easily as no one here part of kodi has done it on any device except the rpi (which probably came with the help of broadcom)
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-08, 21:50)movie78 Wrote: ZIDOO X5 Amlogic S905

Audio.
DTS HD MA = Pass
TRUEHD = Pass
DOLBY ATMOS = Pass

work with zidoo player or kodi(dvdplayer) ?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-01-22, 00:12)looun Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 21:50)movie78 Wrote: ZIDOO X5 Amlogic S905

Audio.
DTS HD MA = Pass
TRUEHD = Pass
DOLBY ATMOS = Pass

work with zidoo player or kodi(dvdplayer) ?

I think its Zidoo player,the Vidon version 14.2.0 XBMC also worked.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Just did more testing w/the latest Tronsmart S95 firmware and VidOn v14.2.6 custom for S95, and I gotta say VidOn is ingenious in making HD audio & 3D happen w/S905 where other haven't yet. Putting aside the GPL & trademark stuff for now (at least until there's clarity from Kodi foundation on whether we can discuss VidOn or they should be treated like banned add-ons)...
  • HD audio is working damn well: TrueHD, ATMOS (at least passes TrueHD from it on my non-ATMOS AVR), DTS-MA, and even DD+ 5.1/7.1. Only LPCM 5.1/7.1 are being passed as 2.0. There are also report of standard DD/DTS not working properly, but I think they'll resolve this.
  • 3D MVC MKV's as I reported earlier are output in 2D mode, but 3D ISO's in proper 3D mode, albeit half-rez (as bringing up my projector's info. panel shows top/bottom).
  • Watched a 3D ISO for about 20 minutes w/o any HD audio drop-outs or video playback stutters.
  • All videos are output at 1080p/60 with 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' having no impact. So, you do notice some framerate issues (skips, judders here & there), and playback of 23.976 isn't silky smooth.
Still, I'm upping S95's grade to a B (from B-), as what VidOn has done is pretty darn impressive for the $60 Pro box w/VidOn Pro lifetime. Now if only other developers could figure out whatever VidOn has.

Also re-tested Beelink Mini MX w/latest v2016-01-20 build. Not much improvement I could see vs. the v2016-01-09 build I originally tested with. Basically...
  • TrueHD 5.1/7.1 bitstream fine, but no audio with DD+ 5.1/7.1 and no audio with DTS-MA 5.1/7.1. Standards DD/DTS pass fine. Also, no audio with LPCM 5.1/7.1.
  • For DTS-MA videos or anything 23.976 to NOT cause Kodi to blank out (and my display to show "no signal", I must disable 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video.') Basically all video is output at 1080p/60, same as what the Kodi UI is set to.
I'm upping Mini MX's grade to a C- (from D) for the OpenELEC build. This is showing more promise that the Android side for this box.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I'm sorry hdmkv, but you just cannot put aside the GPL & Trademark stuff in regard to VidOn all in the name of continually reviewing a device for 3D & HD Audio performance. IMHO that is not some "let them off the hook" excuse.

You are now actively advertising their product for them and contributing to the GPL problem and showing no respect to the XBMC and Kodi developers in the process. As I've said before I find this disgusting. Sad
I cannot tell you what to do, only you can decide where the line should be drawn.

So now as I do not speak for the Kodi Foundation and can take no Moderator action, I am going to actively ask for some amended rules from the Kodi Foundation themselves regarding such devices and ask for heavy moderation (and re-editing) of such posts to protect and still encourage volunteer developers to continue coding for the Kodi project itself.

If the Status quo is maintained, I'm seriously thinking about what action personally I will take and that will not be beneficial to anyone.

(2016-01-22, 03:16)hdmkv Wrote: Now if only other developers could figure out whatever VidOn has.

Koying figured out how to get this far, im not sure how but its my understanding that the current 3D iso support in that OE build is his kodi fork and thats how its semi working. nothing from vidon or anyone else.

maybe we can get a bounty or something together for him (or anyone) to figure it out. or maybe in the meantime someone who knows more about what they are doing can compile that same Kodi fork (https://github.com/koying/xbmc) to run on android and maybe some people can test that instead of vidon xbmc... this way we move forward and everyone is happy.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
I'm the guy concerned who has Koying's 3D MVC AML code semi working with OpenELEC.

But why would any developer want to possibly contribute and improve the GPL Licenced - AMLogic Android Kodi project codebase only to see that free work basically stolen and sold at a profit by a company like VidOn or someone similar going in the future. ?

Then to rub it in, you would then see a Hardware product containing modified XBMC / Kodi software given a Recommendation on an actual Kodi forum, when the GPL XBMC / Kodi re-distribution rules are not followed in the first place.

Am I only one who sees this as deeply offensive and extremely harmful to the Kodi project itself going forward ?

At this point in time I am actively discouraging current and possibly additional developers to the Kodi project from contributing code until this VidOn and Tronsmart S95 matter is resolved one way or another.

Re 3d iso, we solved a couple of issues recently, together with popcornmix.
I'll try to do a spmc build this weekend.
Yes I've seen the commits, nice bug busting there Popcornmix and Koying Smile

Thanks for your posts and PM wrxtasy; you've convinced me. Post #1 revised. Will do same in stickied 3D thread.

(2016-01-22, 09:04)Koying Wrote: Re 3d iso, we solved a couple of issues recently, together with popcornmix.
I'll try to do a spmc build this weekend.
Excellent, thanks for your continued efforts on 3D Smile.
My HT
(2016-01-22, 07:18)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm the guy concerned who has Koying's 3D MVC AML code semi working with OpenELEC.

But why would any developer want to possibly contribute and improve the GPL Licenced - AMLogic Android Kodi project codebase only to see that free work basically stolen and sold at a profit by a company like VidOn or someone similar going in the future. ?

Then to rub it in, you would then see a Hardware product containing modified XBMC / Kodi software given a Recommendation on an actual Kodi forum, when the GPL XBMC / Kodi re-distribution rules are not followed in the first place.

Am I only one who sees this as deeply offensive and extremely harmful to the Kodi project itself going forward ?

At this point in time I am actively discouraging current and possibly additional developers to the Kodi project from contributing code until this VidOn and Tronsmart S95 matter is resolved one way or another.

i was talking about Kerber and his build for the mini mx but ya its good to see you using it with that dev board too.

its too funny this thread just got erased over BS GPL stuff

now were upset about a TOTALLY COMPLIANT openelec build that doesnt hide anything?
Have a link to Alex/Kerber's OpenELEC/Kodi work on GitHub? If he is compliant, I'll restore the Beelink Mini MX bits pertaining to his build only in post #1. Thanks.
My HT
(2016-01-22, 15:18)hdmkv Wrote: Have a link to Alex/Kerber's OpenELEC/Kodi work on GitHub? If he is compliant, I'll restore the Beelink Mini MX bits pertaining to his build only in post #1. Thanks.

i have the links to his git, yes. but i dont really care about sharing them, not my place to defend something when no defense is needed.Also I dont think his git is updated for that build yet so he might as well be Vidon since hes probably technically in violation. which is funny because hes using Koyings xbmc fork
(2016-01-08, 23:26)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 23:12)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 23:10)movie78 Wrote: I almost order the Tronsmart S905 16GB version, I am still temptedBig Grin
I haven't have a new toy in a month!!!
You're as bad as I am with gadgets Big Grin! ...no, make that worse; I didn't buy a $2K AVR for ATMOS & DTS:X Wink.

Laugh

To be honest if VidON release their source code for 3D, i can care less what they do with their GPL violation.
They can keep their BDJ menu to them-self and market that as their VidOn XBMC.
Zidoo release their 3D source code and that help everyone,so VidOn can do the same and all this GPL violation issue will be put to rest.

Just my 2 Cents.

They aren't going to since some of their library's are proprietary might as well just accept that and move on.

Zidoo picked up on koyings code I thought I read right? So they are complying yes.. But let's keep credit due in the right places.. Koying is the man.
(2016-01-22, 16:22)dukester Wrote: Koying is the man.
No argument there! Smile
My HT
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6