Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-06-27, 16:55)CapnBry Wrote: I haven't had any crashes or lockups in the past two weeks and have played a dozen or so movies on it, and a lot of test material. I run the Confluence skin and don't use any addons apart from the media scrapers though. I will probably get the WeTek once it is available now that I have seen how perfect this can be, but an S905 is slated to replace my i3-3225 media PC currently (which couldn't output 4K so bye-bye). Over the 10 years I've used XBMC/Kodi (and even done some development!) this is the first time that I've felt one of these streaming boxes has had the performance I've come to expect from my PC build. I still need to upload a more complete remote definition but that's trivial.

Can you perform a few test for me?

1.) With the Confluence skin can you use the Thumbnail view with fanart for Movies library and scroll really fast (hold down arrow key) and see if it freezes? You may need to do this a few times to get it to freeze.
2.) With the Confluence skin switch to list view for Movies and then play any 1080P video and press the back key so you see the Kodi UI then scroll again really fast in your library to see if it freezes while a video plays in the background.
3.) If 2 works try the same with the Thumbnail view.

I find the box works great, but if the box has to display to many images it lockups or restarts Kodi. These are easily avoidable, I set the back key to exit the video and don't use the Thumbnail view which equals to no more lockups.

EDIT: LE performs much better only time i run into lockups or freezing now is when ram fills up beyond 80%. Easily avoidable by turning the box off or using a reboot schedule with cron.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905 Media Player Options - by JonSnow88 - 2016-07-02, 17:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6