Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-08-18, 10:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Apple Extreme Router (5th gen) > 2.4GHz WiFi usb receiver (less than 30cm away)

Microwave oven, behind a brick wall in the kitchen some 15m away.
Yes stops video streaming dead in its tracks, even with the largest buffer possible.

The point is I would not be relying on 2.4GHz WiFi for relievable video streaming full stop.
To much chance of interference these days, especially if living in an Apartment complex with a crowded RF environment all around.

Here you go, for another article on this WiFi issue:
Why Does Running My Microwave Kill My Wi-Fi Connectivity ?
I don't rely on internet articles, I rely on whitepapers, and believe me I have read more than enough on WiFi and Microwave Radiation during my studies and my job.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are wrong or anything, in fact you are very right in the issue of 2.45GHz being crowded, after all that's one of the reasons they made the 5GHz.
However I must say you now make me even more concerned if the oven is 15 meters behind a brickwall, and still radiates enough RF to kill a WiFi connection.
Anyway this is off-topic, I would be more than happy to continue it in another thread or PM.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by melhemk - 2016-08-18, 10:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6