Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
It will be intresting to see what Amlogics official response on this issue is, providing they even publically give a respnse. No doubt the vendors that buy from Amlogic will be asking for answers, whether or not the general end user ever gets a statement who knows.

The average Joe Bloggs end user probably doesnt even care, with only the technically inclined forum users etc actually being aware of the issue. As long as these devices play back the video and audio codecs people need them to with accpetable performance average users probably wont care.Apple for example are always very secretive about the tech specs of their Iphone SOCS in terms of clockspeed, perfomance etc but they still sell by the truckload.
There's also the factor of how much you paid for your device, my Amlogic device is cheap it does what I want it do, my outlay on cash was minimal...
Had I spent the extra cash (double, triple what my device cost me) for a branded premium device I would be a lot more bothered about what I was actually getting.
Considering you expect the companies that charge premiums for their product to have better in house testing facilities so that issues like this can be detected, Hardkernel have come out and said that the 1.75ghz and 2ghz clock speeds don't even exist in the hardware blobs for the AML chips.. Up until now how did something like this slip theough the net ?? Why wasnt it picked up by the extra testing and R&D we expect from companies that charge premiums for their products ? So far fair play to HK they are the only manufacturer that I have seen to acknowledge the issue and are actually trying to address it. Whether or not they go as far as offering refunds to customers for being mis-sold products even though it looks to be Amlogics fault remains to be seen.
The plus point is however though if there is any chance of a end user refund for being mis-sold a product it is much more likely to come from companies with a reputable brand , dont expect to see any rebates on the cheap china devices , but then again you should know this before you buy them.

Amlogic need to be careful , if Rockchip up their game Amlogic may well be in trouble.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-08-30, 17:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6