Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
I'm sorry to belabour this - I greatly respect the contributions you make the community
however
(2016-09-09, 08:58)Ned Scott Wrote: I never said alternatives were non-viable. ....
Actually you made a catch-all statement (I'd go as far as to say 'rant') when my primary question was about non-specific new S912 products and I only referenced ONE specific S905 which actually seems to have a decent review. I made ZERO judgement that it was an overall "better" choice, simply (just whining a bit) that there was at least a machine with 'decent' capability at half the price with more hardware capability which some users might want. The price reference was almost secondary.

Quote:....That is all. When you make a specific point about the WeTek price in comparison to some unlicensed, uncertified, unsupported box, I'm going to point out your error.
Where exactly was my "error"? I had already acknowledged the support factor in reference to WeTek, so it was already recognized - I am in no disagreement with you, so I don't understand why you are making such a big deal about something in a thread that is specifically to discuss different products.

Quote:I am not offended at all if you want to buy a super-cheap box. There is no one-size-fits-all, and I know that very well.
Again you are putting words in my mouth I simply did not say i.e. that I wanted a "super-cheap box"? What I DID state was that I would like to see more hardware capability and indeed in follow-up reply even stated if the Hub had this I would be willing to accept an even higher price differential. Yes, I recognize there is no complete perfect solution and that is why this thread exists, to discuss options and compromises and explore/review options as they become available. .

(2016-09-09, 15:44)gsmtech Wrote: ...So if you want dual band wifi go with the MiniMX V1 instead ...
The only other difrrerence is that the MiniMX III being newer to market than the V1 , seems to have a newer revision of the S905 SOC Version C, this is the version that has the fixed bug for 10-bit 2160/50p HEVC playback. With Kszaqs LibreElec builds these boxes are great Kodi devices.

Thankyou - I actually don't need 5G (I live on a large lot and my nearest neighbour uses channel at opposite end of the spectrum) - I thought it fair that since I had compared some positive hardware differences, that relatively I should point out that negative (for some)

Quote: .... Indeed there are some very well specced S912 boxes available for very tempting prices, ... I don't personally need one right now, so I will wait it out and see how things develop support wise with the S912 boxes first Android 6 / LibreElec etc... I
Thankyou for observing and responding to the actual question I raised in the first place - I am kinda in the same boat, although considering something to 'play' with; my intent was really to stimulate some discussion on these new offerings, recognizing they are only just hitting the market and there is no real information on their capability yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AML S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by DEcosse - 2016-09-09, 19:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6