• 47(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-09-29, 10:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: Looks like the link for the beelink blog is for the later model than the one I have, MiniMXIII II with S905X?

I should have included in my earlier post, my build is Mini mxlll_107L1, my processor is the S905.

Sorry - I had responded to i_am_jond specifically to his vII - I had a feeling yours might be the v1 so I actually edited my original reply to you to include the source reference for the links to ensure you knew to which it referred
No, you cannot use those images on your V1.
As far as I can see, the 4/25 version is the latest available for the V1.

(2016-09-29, 13:05)bobrooney Wrote: The thing is that those unhappy "users" are louder than those happy users and they make things look worse more then they really are Smile

I agree, although admit some of them appear to be have good reason with the S912.
But then you have morons who don't know what they are doing - one guy with an s905x said his buddy flashed his with a netbox firmware and then the wifi didn't work. No s#it Sherlock - different wifi chip!

As for the S905x, I went into it knowing what it could/couldn't do.and for the dollars prepared to live with it/work through it/pass it along/throw it away. It was just a low-cost play thing, rather than my 'ultimate dream'. Not my main box.
On android, with SPMC, it actually works very well. It also gives the ability to run full browser and other apps.
LibreElec (kszaq) is not that far away - on this Beelink MiniMXIII II box, one of the outstanding issues is getting source code for the wifi driver - but the LIbreElec as is already, will run with either Ethernet or USB stick and audio issues are well on their way to final resolution.

Anyone considering these boxes needs to be pragmatic in their determination - there is no 'free lunch' - if you want something that is perfection, these type of boxes as far from it - and you cannot have any expectation (I'm talking about reality here, not whether ethically they SHOULD) that you buy knowing a few warts exist (or worse EXPECT perfection) and 'hope' bugs will be resolved; if you need/want that level of commitment, put your money into a supplier that WILL give you ongoing support (WeTek, nvidia etc)
Done some testing on my Beelink MiniMXIII II. OTA update worked for me....

Pretty much all my video collection (720p / 1080p with AAC / AC3 / DTS audio) plays back without problem in MX Player, Kodi and SPMC .

Kodi seems to have some issues with HEVC (plays but looks low res), plays fine in MX Player and SPMC. However SPMC seems less stable with a couple of random crashes. Jellyfish-55-mbps-hd-hevc.mkv seems about the limit of playing ok.

4k is a bit hit and miss, high bit rate files >50Mbps seem to struggle with buffering <30Mbps is mostly ok (NAS drive over Ethernet). Tried some 10Bit x264 files which played but slow frame rate, even my shield struggles to play them.
(2016-09-30, 03:32)i_am_jond Wrote: Done some testing on my Beelink MiniMXIII II. OTA update worked for me....

Pretty much all my video collection (720p / 1080p with AAC / AC3 / DTS audio) plays back without problem in MX Player, Kodi and SPMC .

Kodi seems to have some issues with HEVC (plays but looks low res), plays fine in MX Player and SPMC. However SPMC seems less stable with a couple of random crashes. Jellyfish-55-mbps-hd-hevc.mkv seems about the limit of playing ok.

4k is a bit hit and miss, high bit rate files >50Mbps seem to struggle with buffering <30Mbps is mostly ok (NAS drive over Ethernet). Tried some 10Bit x264 files which played but slow frame rate, even my shield struggles to play them.

Have you tried using LibreELEC on the Beelink MiniMXIII II?
Hello

Which is the better choice? The beelink minimxiii or the mini m8sii?
The minimxiii is a s905 with 2/16gb and the m8sii the s905x with 2/8gb

It will be used for both android as kodi the minimxiii is 5euro more expensive
S905 is better SoC than S905X and currently has better support. So, I would choose MiniMXIII.
kszaq released a new build that is suppose to fix the boot issues on s905X boxes so it maybe worth waiting a few days to see what people say.

I personally am happy with my s905 Beelink Mini MXIII, since i dont have a 4K TV and don't plan on getting one. You only need s905x if you have a 4K HDR TV or need VP9 YouTube, however i don't think HDR works on Android or Kodi/LE. VP9 was added to the new build so if you really need that then go with s905x again don't think it will work on Android with poor firmware.

However note official supported Kodi hardware uses s905 so it will have better support, until of course a supported s905x comes along which maybe from Odroid.
(2016-10-14, 03:38)jebise Wrote: kszaq released a new build that is suppose to fix the boot issues on s905X boxes so it maybe worth waiting a few days to see what people say.

I personally am happy with my s905 Beelink Mini MXIII, since i dont have a 4K TV and don't plan on getting one. You only need s905x if you have a 4K HDR TV or need VP9 YouTube, however i don't think HDR works on Android or Kodi/LE. VP9 was added to the new build so if you really need that then go with s905x again don't think it will work on Android with poor firmware.

However note official supported Kodi hardware uses s905 so it will have better support, until of course a supported s905x comes along which maybe from Odroid.

I have ordered by mistake the Beelink Mini MXIII II instead of the Beelink Mini MXIII [lol who thought about that stupid name with 5 times IIIII.... ]
Anyhow So i will be having the s905x instead the s902, Can you refer me to a version that DOES work or should i just stay with the Android until they add more support to the s905x?
I dont even need 4k because my TV is 55' 3d but not 4k so yeah.... bummer
New to the forum,

I've just bought the Beelink Mini MXiii box. I want to run this on Openelec / Libreelec with Kodi.
I preferrably want a version that supports Dolby DTS 5.1 output. Can anyone recommend if it's Openelec or Libreelec I need and which version to download? A guide on how to do this would be greatly appreciated as I'm fairly new to this?

Thanks in advance
https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html
(2016-10-13, 17:38)Vitalero Wrote: Have you tried using LibreELEC on the Beelink MiniMXIII II?

The latest by kszaq is here - https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1924.html

It works well and you can keep Android in the Internal and LibreElec booting from the SD Card if you want
(to determine boot simply insert the SD Card - or not)

The only thing you won't have with the mini MXIII II is the wifi/bluetooth support - the driver for the chipset this box uses is not yet available (I have requests into BeeLink but so far they have not delivered)
But it will work with either an external wifi dongle or with ethernet connection.

nickmeister Wrote:I've just bought the Beelink Mini MXiii box. I want to run this on Openelec / Libreelec with Kodi.

You don't say specifically whether MXIII or MXIII II but that release linked above should work with either
(The non-II S905 version however should not have any wifi issues - the new chipset is only in the S905X vII)
(2016-10-14, 23:45)DEcosse Wrote: It works well and you can keep Android in the Internal and LibreElec booting from the SD Card if you want
(to determine boot simply insert the SD Card - or not)

Hi, How I can put LibreElec in SD Card

This method is OK:

SD card/USB drive:
Note: only 1 USB port is able to boot the box. You have to try them all.
Download img.gz file and burn it to SD card/USB drive: http://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation
After this you will see that drive capacity is 512MB. This is OK as there is a second (hidden) partition on the drive for LE userdata!
S905 only: Download a device tree, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.
S905X only: You can either keep dtb.img that is provided on SD card or download a dedicated way (they will work the same!).
To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:
toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.
recovery method (take 2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE.

Thanks
@ojerez

You are asking about LibreElec and you will get more help at their forums, rather than here.

Most people will just tell you to ask there, because that is the best place to ask for help for your question. There are a LOT of people there who can help you because you have an LE issue, not a Kodi issue.

You even linked to LE!
(2016-10-19, 13:38)ojerez Wrote: ... Hi, How I can put LibreElec in SD Card

The thread I linked has very clear install instructions in the very first post!
And as per @KoopaTroopa, if you have any questions, ask in THAT thread.
Below is a list of some boxes which are known to work with Kszaqs Libre Elec builds taken from the Libre Elec forums, so if your in the market for a budget device and want to use Libre Elec, they below list is a good pre-purchase staring point, as ever the list is not exhaustive and you will have to do your own research/reading on the Libre Elec forums on how to get the images onto your device.

Note S905X based devices are working with the latest LE builds but are still in development all variants of WiFi chipsets may not be supported so make sure you've done sme research first.

Beelink MiniMX S905 1GB/8GB
Beelink MiniMX v1.0 S905 2GB/16GB
Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2GB/16GB
Beelink M18 S905 2GB/16GB
Mini M8S S905 1GB/8GB
MXQ Pro S905 1GB/8GB
Nexbox MXQ Pro S905 1GB/8GB
Sunvell T95 S905 1GB/8GB
Sunvell T95 S905 2GB/8GB
Tanix TX3 S905 1GB/8GB

Mini M8S II S905X 1GB/8GB
Mini M8S II S905X 2GB/8GB
Mini M8S II S905X 2GB/16GB
Nexbox A5 S905X 2GB/16GB
Nexbox A95X-B7N S905X 2GB/16GB
Sunvell T95X S905X 1GB/8GB
Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB/8GB
Scishion V88 Pro S905X 1GB/8GB
Tanix TX3 Pro S905X 1GB/8GB
Tanix TX5 S905X 2GB/8GB
Tanix TX5 Pro S905X 2GB/16GB
YOKA TV and MECOOL BB2

http://androidpc.es/blog/2016/09/21/review-yokatv-kb2/
http://androidpc.es/blog/2016/09/30/review-mecool-bb2/

these two boxes TV (identical) are ok for Kodi?
USB ports are sufficient for 4K videos? I would like to attach an external hard drive to the USB port to use as storage for 4K video
Audio passthrough works fine?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6